Front wheel locking when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buhwana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I have a Ram 2020 3500 dually Longhorn edition. I have adapative cruise which I use sometimes when towing a 37’ fifth-wheel. When I use the adaptive cruise and the truck slows down, usually when some clown pulls into my lane, the system applies brakes somewhat too aggressively and I can hear the left front tire squeal (lockup) if even for only a moment. Why doesn’t the anti-lock brake system keep that from happening? My question is, can the antilock system be adjusted for sensitivity? It does t happen when I brake manually but maybe I’m less aggressive.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't think there is a way to adjust antilock system, what you experienced is why I will not use adaptive cruise when hooked a trailer, every person who I've talked that has it has had the same problem with hard breaking, it happens in different manufactures vehicles not just Ram. I have experienced it in my wife's Toyota, the first time it happed I learned my lesson to never use it, I hate it along with lane centering.. I'm really glad my truck does not have it...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have not used ACC with a trailer yet. But on the long drive home from the dealer, I did use it a lot. I did notice that it can be a lot more aggressive when braking than the ACC in our Toyota is. I love ACC in the Toyota, so hoping it will be useful in my truck too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357