Fuel Preservatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2020 ram 2500 6.7 Cummins. I am in Army and I'm headed on a deployment. I have a 52 gallon tank now. My wife will probably barely drive my truck while I'm gone. What is a good diesel preservative that will keep the fuel from turning rancid and keep fungus from growing in it? Any thoughts?

2020 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Ezlynk tuner by Duramaxtuner.com, S and B 52 Gallon Tank, Fass Titanium Signature Series 165 GPH, Carli 3 inch Backcounty Suspension Lift with Fox 2.0 struts, Carli Torsion Sway Bar, Helo rims with 35 inch tires, DeeZee Tailgate assist, Tailgate Triple Row Led Light Bar.

TC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't recommend an additive for diesel but do want to say God bless and thank you for your service! Hope to see you back home soon. Go Big Red One!

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Howe's was recommended to me by two diesel shops, one being the local Cummins shop. So it's what I use in our RV's Cummins, as it tends to sit a while between uses. Never had an issue since I started using it.

Stay safe, and many thanks!

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Star Tron for diesel. This is one of the best-tested products for fuel stabilization. Many years of use and has never let me down. This product will also work for gasoline.

Thank you for your service and please stay safe.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Power Research Inc's PRI-D

PRI-D:
1 oz treats 16 gals
For diesel or gasoline
Fuel stays fresh and ready to use
Degraded fuels are restored to freshness
Fuel lubricity is enhanced for reduced wear