Fuel range maxed out at 1999km

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMcCurdy236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
(2020 Ram 1500 Classic Express) I swapped the base gauge cluster for the EVIC 7-inch cluster a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to correcting the odometer yesterday. Everything is working as normal after this correction except for the fuel range display, which is now stuck at 1999km (I'm assuming this is the maximum reading possible). I tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal and also reset the fuel economy and trip A/trip B displays a few times. I drove about 80km (49miles) to and from work today and also filled my tank on the way to see if it would change, but it didn't (the fuel gauge itself is ok). Google searches are very scarce on this issue, and I only came across one post from a few years ago and the guy stated that it eventually corrected itself over time. Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, that is the limit. I believe it's written in the service manual too. It's come up in the past. Couple yrs ago. You did a search using the advanced search? I don't remember the specific fix. IDK if AlfaOBD can fix that or if it has to be sent out to be reset. (??) Hopefully someone else will chime in.

You can go to the bottom of THIS pg, find your tk's service manual pdf. Click to the google drive and "ok" a couple times, etc and download it. Search out the cluster/odometer thing. Link works for sure BTW.

OP
OP
A

AMcCurdy236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the reply. I idled the truck for 20 minutes then drove to work today and it finally started coming down. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat