Full Chemical Guys Detail On A Canadian Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over the course of 4 evenings I have 14 hours into doing a complete interior, exterior and engine bay detail. The first evening I did the engine bay, the second evening the interior, the third evening I did the wheels and tires, the final evening was the exterior and "touch-ups"

I’ve only posted the exterior images as the rest is boring! You'll notice the last image has the vinyl removed between the windows. My pressure washer damaged the vinyl during the wash process so I pulled this off post detail a few nights later...so technically add another hour or so and a 5th evening.

CG Products used for exterior:
- honeydew snow foam soap
- All clean
- Signature wheel cleaner
- synthetic quick detailer
- Jet Seal
- Butter Wet wax
- Activate
- G6
- Barebones

CG Products used for interior:
- Lighting fast carpet cleaning
- Leather conditioner
- G6
- Signature glass cleaner

CG Product used for engine bay:
- G6
- All clean

If anyone wants anymore details on the products and tools used(not posted), just ask!

As for the process involved the exterior was a 2 bucket wash followed by a complete microfibre dry down. I cleaned the truck with synthetic quick detailer before starting. I then went to town applying various coats of product using a Torq-X DA polisher and some by hand.

The interior was a full steam clean using a Mcculloch steamer wiping with microfibre on all leather and plastic. The carpet was a drill brush and carpet cleaner followed by extracting with a Hoover carpet cleaner. I then applied the various interior dressing products.

The wheels were actually done entirely separate (the day before I did the paint). I pulled each wheel off and hand scrubbed every nook and crevice of both wheels and tires plus the fenders and suspension. I took advantage of this time to rotate the tires too. Each wheel got a coat of sealant, butter wet wax and activate just like the exterior paint.

The engine bay was the easiest by far. All clean, scrub brush, pressure wash, dry and dress.

And to finish it off, lovely phone quality photos!

A0AE18E1-5267-435F-909C-95E7954575DE.jpegC888854A-5964-43B7-9593-6CC2FECDF278.jpeg 19EB6192-F99E-46E3-8FE8-D04034C924BD.jpegD749FD90-B762-4A0F-9309-6DC0F7658774.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I should note that some other non-CG products were used. For example, I used some diluted armor-all spray to spray the majority of the hoses and hard to reach areas under the hood and mostly let it air dry before buffiing what I could reach. The CG G6 was only used on the larger areas of plastic such as the shroud/rad cover and engine cover. The weathertech floor mats were covered in some left over Mother's protectant that worked out nicely.

Kevin Fowler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018/1987
Engine
2500/360
Looks good! I'm on the fence with CG right now. Happy with some of their products but not enough of them to keep buying.

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good! I'm on the fence with CG right now. Happy with some of their products but not enough of them to keep buying.

This was my first time using the CG stuff. I sort of went all in this winter acquiring cleaning and detail tools, products and knowledge. I’ve never cleaned so many things around the home, ever. The steam cleaner is the best tool yet! I’ve used it on couches, vehicles, tile, tubs, dishwasher, fridge and my snowmobile (yes, snowmobile). I also gave the sled a full CG detail but that was significantly less work but the results were impressive.

Kevin Fowler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018/1987
Engine
2500/360
This was my first time using the CG stuff. I sort of went all in this winter acquiring cleaning and detail tools, products and knowledge. I’ve never cleaned so many things around the home, ever. The steam cleaner is the best tool yet! I’ve used it on couches, vehicles, tile, tubs, dishwasher, fridge and my snowmobile (yes, snowmobile). I also gave the sled a full CG detail but that was significantly less work but the results were impressive.

Good to hear its working out! I have a few of their soaps, mixed at their ratio and it they leave residue. I've never had a soap leave residue like the CG. I do like their leather cleaner, but the leather moisturizer on the other hand...... We all will find the things we like and don't like. Glad you have found good for you!

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to hear its working out! I have a few of their soaps, mixed at their ratio and it they leave residue. I've never had a soap leave residue like the CG. I do like their leather cleaner, but the leather moisturizer on the other hand...... We all will find the things we like and don't like. Glad you have found good for you!

This is sort of my first go with many of their products. What didn’t you or don’t you like about the conditioner? I used it but only on my truck so far

Kevin Fowler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018/1987
Engine
2500/360
This is sort of my first go with many of their products. What didn’t you or don’t you like about the conditioner? I used it but only on my truck so far

It too slick and it traps lots of dust particles. So it looks dirty. Yes, you can wipe it right off. Smells good though lol.

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It too slick and it traps lots of dust particles. So it looks dirty. Yes, you can wipe it right off. Smells good though lol.

It is slick!

If it traps more dirt it just means I’ll clean more lol.

Thanks for the input and feedback.