Fumoto Quick Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Alot of cummins guys rave about them
From what I remember they are designed really well so that they basically can't fail
I had ordered one for my powerstroke fuel/water seperator off of eBay which ended up being a disaster and never got around to ordering another

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i almost certain weedahoe is runnin that on his truck.

HuntinRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one on every one of my vehicles, work great and never had a problem with them.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I have ran one on a 7.3 Powerstroke I had a while back. Worked perfectly and never had any issues with it. I also kept a plug in mine just in case valve leaked, but never did leak. Just snugged the plug. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of having the valve, but the real reason I ran it was so I wouldnt strip out the oil drain plug haha.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
I use one. Its nice when you do oil changes to not get your hands covered when taking out the oil drain plug. Then again, all that goes out the window when you take off the oil filter.

Pros: Ease of use
Cons: Any "speed" you make up by having the quick open is offset by the tiny hole resulting in a very slow drain. My truck used to drain in under a minute. Now it takes several minutes to stop dripping. Also, because of the design, you'll never get all the crap out of the bottom of the pan if there's anything in there.

I probably wont make the effort to get another one because I dont think the positive outweighs the negative.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought one and I'm putting it on today. Got it for 30 bucks 1 day delivery on amazon. I'm also going to instal the little hose clamp thing that keeps stray something's from barely hitting the little lever. I'm sure it'll never happen, but it's good to have insurance.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have one and really like it.
If you have ever removed the drain plug from a Cummins, you'll want one too. It's like opening a dam, all 12 quarts drain faster than I've ever seen.
An empty 5 gallon can of trick race fuel fits perfectly under the drain valve, holds all of the oil without spilling a drop. It makes for easy transport to the parts store to dump.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had one on my 03 S10 and used a hose clamp on top to lock it in place. It also had the hose nipple on it to connect a drain line. Only thing I've heard people complain about is the lack of a "flushing effect" when you dump the oil via the plug.