68rfe Revmax zero flex valve body n white solenoid pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAGRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi guys, new to this forum. I see some threads about doing this, BUT, I need to get some answers on this one, please.
I need some help figuring out why the revmax vb and white pack don't work in my 2018 Ram 2500 Diesel with 68rfe.
Truck was driving good but shifting a little odd 2 to 3 and 4th, but no slipping anywhere else. so before the clutches got burnt I read about the Revmax and decided it was the best option.
Got new VB, white solenoid, line bypass, and deep pan, all from Revmax. had trans shop install and as soon as started up it had code PO841. Couldn't relearn and truck would not move at all.
I got a scan tool to clear the code but as he relearn started it coded again, and again, and again.....
So, I called and emailed Revmax, they sent me a warranty replacement vb and white solenoid. The transmission shop changed them out, and same thing. The shop told me they have had problems with the white solenoid pack, so they put my grey solenoid on, and same thing again.
Now, they took the Revmax vb and solenoid out and put my old OEM vb and grey solenoid back in.
And now it drives exactly like it did before.
Any Ideas anyone????
Thanks, Michael

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hate to say it, rebuild original valve body makes sure you keep the check balls in the right spot when you pull it apart and use original solenoid pack. Those valve bodies are fairly simple to rebuild, plenty of you tubes on them. Maybe somehow you need a dealer flash, I dunno. It doesnt sound like a VB or Solenoid issue, something else is going on? Set it back to zero what it was only replacing "dumb" parts as in parts with no brain, and get to core of issue. PCM or something.

Did trans shop test psi? The psi sensor is on bottom of trans housing easy to play with, possibly even using a sonax line booster which is a hail marry move 60 bucks.

OP
OP
M

MAGRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well I actually tried the line booster first, and it didnt seem to do anything. Got to reading here and on some other sites to fix the PO868 code and shifting back and to from 3 to 4 sometimes. All I saw was put a Revmax VB and new solenoid pack and that will save the trainy. Well after two tries I'm back to square one driving it with my old VB parts back in it.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Hi guys, new to this forum. I see some threads about doing this, BUT, I need to get some answers on this one, please.
I need some help figuring out why the revmax vb and white pack don't work in my 2018 Ram 2500 Diesel with 68rfe.
Truck was driving good but shifting a little odd 2 to 3 and 4th, but no slipping anywhere else. so before the clutches got burnt I read about the Revmax and decided it was the best option.
Got new VB, white solenoid, line bypass, and deep pan, all from Revmax. had trans shop install and as soon as started up it had code PO841. Couldn't relearn and truck would not move at all.
I got a scan tool to clear the code but as he relearn started it coded again, and again, and again.....
So, I called and emailed Revmax, they sent me a warranty replacement vb and white solenoid. The transmission shop changed them out, and same thing. The shop told me they have had problems with the white solenoid pack, so they put my grey solenoid on, and same thing again.
Now, they took the Revmax vb and solenoid out and put my old OEM vb and grey solenoid back in.
And now it drives exactly like it did before.
Any Ideas anyone????
Thanks, Michael
Most performance valve bodies recommend a minimum of 200 psi line pressure.
Not sure about the 68rfe but my 65rfe was raised by tune for the stock valve body by 25 psi holding around 150-160 psi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MAGRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What needs to be done to boost the line pressure? Can it be done without dropping the pan and VB again?
I talked with Revmax before buying and they said I should have everything I need to make it work. After the first one didnt work they offered to send a warranty replacement, and got it overnight. We put it in, and same PO841 code at start up and cannot do a relearn because of the code. I have emailed Revmax again about this, but they dont work on Fridays so guess it will be Monday to hear from them.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
What needs to be done to boost the line pressure? Can it be done without dropping the pan and VB again?
I talked with Revmax before buying and they said I should have everything I need to make it work. After the first one didnt work they offered to send a warranty replacement, and got it overnight. We put it in, and same PO841 code at start up and cannot do a relearn because of the code. I have emailed Revmax again about this, but they dont work on Fridays so guess it will be Monday to hear from them.
You need someone that is qualified with the correct scan tools to see where your line pressure is & adjust. Most likely a qualified tuner.

I would think if they could reinstall the stock valve body back correctly they installed the RevMax correctly. It's just that they have no knowledge or experience with performance parts & tuning on transmissions.

Edit:
Could be a botched solenoid pack to valve body install because the stock solenoid pack and valve body stayed intact and was never dissasembled.
Unless Revmax assembled together before shipping.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So you have the old VB and solenoid pack and the truck is driving no issues other then original? Then it gets real simple, just rebuild original VB, it is an expensive and easy process. Instead of using an upgraded plate that may require shaving it down, just use a gasket shift kit on it. Simple and new stuff that will prevent leaking, likely better then new oem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517