Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArizonaWolfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had seen allott of bumper mounted light bars on the 2500's and sport model, but very few with the 1500 classic G4. I had the issue of having the ugly Ram 1500 G4 2019 classic bumper that did not have the full cutouts to fit a light bar. I decided to cut the bumper and outfit a 42" light bar in the bumper. The job was pretty easy and only required a grinder, die grinder, bolts, and aluminum spacers. I love the result.
20200905_185619.jpg 20200906_184426.jpg 20200906_101107.jpg 20200906_184448.jpg

20200906_110641.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've got the same bumper but it's even worse since I have a Tradesman without fog lights. Not sure I'd go with the cutout on the bumper but I ordered a pair of 5" 72W LED yellow fog lights and will put them behind the grille. I may get a couple shelf brackets from a HW store and attach those to the radiator core support, then the LEDs on top of the shelf brackets. It'll be fun
Will make sure to add pictures as well

Sent from OnePlus 7 PRO using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ArizonaWolfe

ArizonaWolfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alvarado90 I had a ford f150 that I did that to and liked the results but never got good range out of the lights. I also live in Arizona and it can get pretty hot over here, so I didn't want to restrict any airflow across the radiator.

OP
OP
ArizonaWolfe

ArizonaWolfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just need to figure out how to wire it now. I want it to come on with my high beams but have seen some posts about warning against tapping into the circuits power. Anyone done this before? I don't want an aftermarket switch in the cab and would prefer to use the high beam stick switch.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Alvarado90 I had a ford f150 that I did that to and liked the results but never got good range out of the lights. I also live in Arizona and it can get pretty hot over here, so I didn't want to restrict any airflow across the radiator.
This could apply to my Ram as well but I was willing to give it a try. I saw another post last week were the OP had a couple 4" LED pods on the grille to pair with a couple 7" pods the OP already had on his truck. The only difference was the OP could screw his pods to the grille itself from behind but that's no longer possible on the 2013+ Rams like mine.
Worst case scenario, I still have the blank space where the tow hooks would be located to get my pods in, but I still like the idea of keeping my front end as stock as possible. Let's see how it goes.

Sent from OnePlus 7 PRO using Tapatalk

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had seen allott of bumper mounted light bars on the 2500's and sport model, but very few with the 1500 classic G4. I had the issue of having the ugly Ram 1500 G4 2019 classic bumper that did not have the full cutouts to fit a light bar. I decided to cut the bumper and outfit a 42" light bar in the bumper. The job was pretty easy and only required a grinder, die grinder, bolts, and aluminum spacers. I love the result.
View attachment 220892 View attachment 220897 View attachment 220895 View attachment 220898

View attachment 220896

I'll say that's nice job, looks really good, and flows well with the bumper. It doesn't stick out past the bumper like I've seen on some others. Personally, I wouldn't tap into the high beam though; perhaps the fogs maybe or the low-beam? I know you said you didn't want a separate switch, but I've seen a few applications with the s-pod (switch-pod) that look good.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just need to figure out how to wire it now. I want it to come on with my high beams but have seen some posts about warning against tapping into the circuits power. Anyone done this before? I don't want an aftermarket switch in the cab and would prefer to use the high beam stick switch.

Since you don't want a switch inside the cab to control the light bar, but you want it switch on with high beams. Do this, a relay coil uses very little power so that can be run off the high beam circuit hopefully without issue. Then wire the normally open relay contacts one to power, the other to your light bar.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After months of holding off I finished the light bars wiring and went with an AEV mount that one of the members here did a good write up on. The light bar is blinding bright!

View attachment 245347

View attachment 245348

View attachment 245349
Where did you find that one? I've been trying to find that mount and had it on my Amazon "wish-list" but it's been out-of-stock for a dogs -age! I have also looked for other locations as I'm not a super fan of the light switch pod being up there above the radio. I'd like to be able to do something up by the garage door buttons if possible , but real estate at that location is limited. I just got the IJDMTOY 40" curved light bar that says it's for the "Sport Bumper" for my birthday and am trying to figure out how to mount it as there is no direct location to mount it to. But, I will be using a separate switch and not the one that came with it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Salty Ram
Do you have anything in the space that the Integrated Brake Control Switch installs into.

If not you can put the panel into slot made for it, you don't need to have the Brake controller itself.
Just use the Auxilary buttons
or if you have the panel already installed, you can choose which button to dedicate the the light bar to.

attachment.jpg

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like your bumper has braces, but great job