Gear up, Gear down...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Us 2500 owners must be lucky...our will shift up or down when using the button almost immediately.

I'm looking for shifter paddles for this truck!!!

it functions exactly the same in my 2500 as it did in my 1500.

ill throw out a possible scenario though. if you hit the down button before you start moving and select 1, then drive using normal acceleration and lets say at 2500-3000 rpms you decide to hit the up button, its going to shift. it will do that for every gear, but its not because your telling it to shift. your just limiting the next highest gear and the parameters for the truck to shift are already met.

if you start in first and at 3000 rpms select 4th gear, its not just going to shift into 4th....

its an electronic range selector, not an electronic shifter.

The only thing I don't like about this feature on my truck is that if I'm already cruising at speed and try to engage it, it always drops down to 2nd.

It takes a long time to activate from holding the "-" button down and when it does it starts scrolling down through the selectable gears until I release the button. In my opinion it should be (1) hold down to activate (2) release (3) press again + or - to select desired top gear (no long presses to scroll)...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

thats what happens when you hold the button, it drops into 2nd. if you push and release the button, whatever gear your currently in is what will be displayed and that will be the highest gear the trans will go into, unless you hit the up or down to change it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Two people and an owner's manual telling me that I'm the problem and the ERS is fine.

I'm starting to think that I'm the problem...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Useful when towing to keep the engine in the power range, rather than letting the transmission shift to maintain economy.

^^THIS!!
Also,......can be used to disable the MDS if wanted.

RamNSubie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine works at the touch of the button also. I only ever use it on steep hills with lots of crosswalks, partly to be heard by pedestrians looking to cross and to keep my speed down.

I love the 8 speed for passing. All it takes is enough of a throttle blip and the truck shifts to its optimal performance gear and hangs for about 5 seconds.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca