Gen2 values have wide differences. Why

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Planning to sell my gen2. Trying to find a reasonable price,but differences in asking prices are very wide. Kelly blue book goes by age and values unreasonably low.
5.9 Cummins, 130.000 miles, great interior,no rust except back bumper, SLT standard cab, rwd. Any opinion on value?

OP
OP
E

emf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yes, I'll take some soon. Trucks blocked with stuff currently.

MarkMac77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The value will depend on condition and maintenance.

trucks of this (gen 2) age need some pretty extensive maintenance. In the past year, I had to rebuild the entire front axle and suspension/steering. I had to install a new heater core too. Just last week I put in a new clutch assembly, including all new hydraulics. I also had to fix a vacuum leak and a freon leak. I also rebuild the interior, and many interior trim parts are getting scarce and expensive.

As of now my 2nd gen is tight, drives nice, doesn’t leak, and has cold A/C and nice heat. It’s not for sale, but if it was it would be on the higher end of the value range.

Be sure to at least clean and detail your truck nicely before putting it up for sale. Some people try to sell totally filthy vehicles and it’s a huge red flag to a potential buyer.