Getting a vibration noise while turning. 2012 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and about a month ago, I started hearing a low vibrating noise after I would make a left turn and begin to straighten the wheels out. I've got around 26K miles on it, can anybody tell me what this could be? I've searched everywhere and all I find is people that had vibration while going 70, this definitely isn't that. Thanks -

AC54ME

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and about a month ago, I started hearing a low vibrating noise after I would make a left turn and begin to straighten the wheels out. I've got around 26K miles on it, can anybody tell me what this could be? I've searched everywhere and all I find is people that had vibration while going 70, this definitely isn't that. Thanks -

I would first view the tires for issues (air pressure, 'de- banding, 'chips', etc.).

Also verify that the lug nuts are set to torque specifications.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had a slow vibration on my Jeep, and it turned out to be loose lug nuts. Give that a shot.

OP
OP
LSU04_08

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I do have a low tire light on but only because it's at 32 psi, and if it's the lug nuts, I'll be very surprised... Thanks for the feedback, I'll give them both a shot.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
If you don't find the problem with the above mentioned recommendations, jack the front tires off of the ground one at time. Once each tire is off the ground, put one hand on top and the other on the bottom and see if you can push/pull the wheel, rocking it on the center point. If it's got play in it you need a new hub assembly. Had to replace both of them on my 2002 several years ago.