Good Afternoon everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hi everyone!

My name is Tad and I live outside of Buffalo, NY. I'm not new to trucks, but this is my first Ram. Hopefully I will be finding it in my driveway for some time, too.
I'm not new to trucks as I have had six of them in my life. I miss some of my earlier trucks, which had all been Ford Rangers. The two I have owned which weren't Rangers were an F-150 and a GMC Sierra.
As the mid-size trucks have their limitations for stuff in the bed I opted to go for a full-size, and the information from local owners and what I read here made the decision to seek out a Ram easy.

So, after a couple weeks of serious searching I settled on one which sort of fell into my lap at the right time and right price. I had tried to cut a deal on a similar one w/ a Hemi, but the dealership wasn't very willing to make any attempt work out a deal. Probably best though, as I would make fully use of the extra output of the Hemi quite often, and saving a little on gas(and tickets) is a bit more important. So I continued my search and talked myself into inquiring about this truck which I sort of passed by for a day or two. The price was very good for mileage and equipment, but I hadn't really given it much consideration for some reason. I sent in an online request for some information and set a time for a test drive. Upon seeing the truck I was quite surprised; the photos the shown on their website didn't to any justice to this truck. The black crystal paint is gorgeous in the sun. Anyway, this dealer didn't just have a great price on the truck, they also did the more important thing, offer me a better trade-in price without having to ask for it.

Yesterday I drove home in my black 2017 1500 Express quad cab, nicely equipped w/4WD, 3.6L, 20" chromed wheels, 3.55 gears, factory wheel to wheel step bars, and factory sprayed in bed liner. The plus being it also has new brakes and tires all the way around. When picking up the truck, the sales manager told me after I bought it they must have had five other people call in it. It's good to know I acted quickly enough to get it, as it wasn't even on the lot yet.

I'm hoping to be as fond of this truck as I was of the '16 Jeep Cherokee I traded in for it.

As far as future plans, I have already ordered the mandatory for western NY Husky Liners (currently on sale at their site w/ free shipping), and will be seeking out a remote starter, vent visors, tonneau cover, and eventually a Pedal Commander too.

I'm also looking forward to reading up some more on the experiences and recommendations others have so I can keep this both reliable and enjoyable for a long time. I can already say, the performance of the 3.6L is on par if not better than that of the 4.6L V8 in the f-150 and the 5.3L of the Sierra.

0524201156_HDR - Medium.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Welcome!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
WELCOME to the group ! Nice looking RAM, and FYI we also have a V 6 section now with tips and troubleshooting ! I love my 2015 V6 SLT 4x4,3:21 gears and 20/21 MPG is good with me :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat