Grill painting Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
I bought a replacement grill off eBay and it showed up with way more damage than the poster pictured. I’m trying to way the cost of returning the grill vs getting it fix at a paint shop. I’ve seen a lot of people getting aftermaket grills color matched and I was just wonder what that costs? I will do some legwork as well and run to some local paint shops but if you could provide any info as to what I should expect to pay that would be a huge help as the deadline for return is quickly approaching. The paint is PXR and pictures below show the damage needing repair. Any info is would be great, I’m in north Ga if anyone has a paint shop they want to recommend.

IMG_0891.jpgIMG_0886.jpgIMG_0890.jpgIMG_0888.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guess is $150. Theres a lot of scratches.
I paid $250 to paint my rear bumper, but it didnt need any sanding. My buddy did it, said he only made $20. Paint is expensive now.

Last edited:

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve seen members on this forum getting it done for about $200. I’m sure paying cash would help too.

OP
OP
Jonathan Spino
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Just for anyone following along Maaco quoted me $250 and they were supposed to be the cheap guys.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My neighbor just got his done in body color. Cost him $200

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I got rear ended, I had them put on painted bumpers and paint them to match the truck. I had a grill that close to my color, but it was off.. they charged me $200 extra to paint the grill.

I paint stuff myself.. been painting for 20 years. I could have done it myself and saved about $75. My color is expensive.

You can expect $350ish as avg if any sanding/priming is done.

IF you were closer, I'd say send it to me but im in AZ and it would be cheaper to have it done local with shipping being redonkulous these days.

OP
OP
Jonathan Spino
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Franchises are always gonna charge more than mom and pop shops

Yea I guess your right. I was standing right next to a sign that said “Paint your whole car for $299” so I asked the guy. He just shook his head and said “if your not happy with it like this you don’t even wanna See what a $299 paint job looks like”... he was the stores GM