Gun Safe Quad Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with a bench seat in the front. I am looking at finding a gun safe that will work for my vehicle. I cant use the back seat as my kids car seats are there and it prevents me from manipulating the seat so looking for something in the front of the vehicle. I have spent days looking for something that will work as everything appears to be designed around that center console which I do not have, as mine flips up for an extra front seat.

Upon receiving suggestions I’m updating and advising that front jump seat is bolted in and there are no storage pockets in rear.

Last edited:

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think there is a metal, lockable cover available for the compartments in the floor in back. Try some searching here, or someone might remember how to find the thread.

OP
OP
S

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t have the in floor slots, and jump seat doesn’t move it’s bolted in.

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OP
OP
S

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I would look for one of the "pistol vaults" drawer-type safe's that mount under the driver's side of the seat. That's what I had in my '98 RAM 2500... Worked great.

Now if you have air conditioning ducts running under your seat like my '12 RAM 2500 has, you're kinda screwed on the under seat safe... Unless you are going to do like I am and remove the ducts...

OP
OP
S

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would look for one of the "pistol vaults" drawer-type safe's that mount under the driver's side of the seat. That's what I had in my '98 RAM 2500... Worked great.

Now if you have air conditioning ducts running under your seat like my '12 RAM 2500 has, you're kinda screwed on the under seat safe... Unless you are going to do like I am and remove the ducts...

Got any in mind as I was thinking the same thing might be my only option

atc250r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you make up some spacers or maybe a shelf to raise the drawer up a little to clear the ducts?

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Got any in mind as I was thinking the same thing might be my only option

Can you make up some spacers or maybe a shelf to raise the drawer up a little to clear the ducts?

I was thinking about the Tuffy Security safe with the key lock swapped out for a number-tumbler type lock. I keep my pistol wedged between the seat and center console while I'm driving, I only need to lock it up when I'm leaving the vehicle and for whatever reason can't conceal carry it.

I'm currently using the floor pocket with a metal door w/ lock. Disadvantage to it is that I'm quite visible as I take the gun out and lock it in the back. With the under-seat safe, I can just drop it between my legs and shut the drawer.

Unfortunately, ATC, there is not enough room to space the safe up above the AC duct. With the duct there, I can't even get a small fire extinguisher under the seat. I so rarely carry peeps in the back seat that losing one rear AC duct will mean little to nothing. Just the pain in the ass of taking out the seat, floor console, flooring, etc...

OP
OP
S

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PaulTGarrett got a link to the safe not trying to be ignorant but want to find right one and just buy once

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
PaulTGarrett got a link to the safe not trying to be ignorant but want to find right one and just buy once

Here is what I am looking at right now. I don't particularly endorse Tuffy and will not say whether or not I may go with something else when the wrench turning starts but this is at the top of my list right now. They also have a safe that will fit under the passenger seat of classic Bronco's. I'm thinking a safe for the RAM and for my Bronco... One stop shopping...

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-282-tuffy-jk-conceal-carry-drivers-side-security-drawer.aspx

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Why not just install a center console locking safe and not tear your truck up?
They're easy to install and aren't very expensive.

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Surplusleo

Reaction score
Ram Year