HAVC issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My eyes are not what they once were, but that actuator in Image#1, appears to be broken away from the main housing of the HVAC box.

I may be wrong ?

View attachment 529579
It's not broken off I took it off earlier to make sure the door was still attached to the plastic piece and then put it back on and it moves perfectly fine when changing the Temps just diver side never changes.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You are correct in focusing on the actuator behind the glove box. That is the blend door actuator for the driver side. If it had gotten hotter during the engine revving, that would indicate some trapped air in the core that would have most likely originated from an active or previous cooling system leak. I will ask, with the engine up to operating temperature and the HVAC off. Are both of the heater hoses coming out of the bulkhead hot to the touch?
So I tried that, and also used a surface temp see if there close or reading the same, both hoses going into the heatercore inlets are reading 128-130.