Have to have my 2012 Ram 2500 rear end replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdwin

Reaction score
Had my Ram for little less than 2 years. 26000 miles on it. Been hearing a noise and took it to dealership. They called me today to let me know that the rear end had to be replaced. Done a little reading and seen where others (different year models) have had there's replaced up to 4 times. I bought a new truck for the sole reason that I should have a dependable vehicle for several years to come (minus a few minor issues that pop up). Dependability and safety were the main reasons for buying a brand new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had to have mine replaced at 9k miles..... However this was due to the dealer not checking the rear diff fluid after it was pulled off the delivery truck... Turns out it only had a small amount at the bottom of the rear end.

The dealer had to provide a rental truck for me for 9 days and rebuild the whole rear end.

Did they mention how much fluid was in the diff?

Sorry to hear that at only 26k you have to have it replaced.. The dealer couldn't believe that I was still able to drive the truck with the amount of fluid that was in the diff, and drove it for 9k miles. the only way I knew something was wrong was because of the noise I heard coming from the rear end.