Having A/C blower motor issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last year in the heat of the summer one day, I suddenly had no AC. Uconnect said it was on, but no air flow. So I did what most of you do and came here frantically looking for solutions.

I ended up changing the fuse, relay, and eventually the blower motor itself. That seemed to fix it, until this morning.

I changed the blower motor towards the end of summer, beginning of fall, when it wasn't as hot regularly. The fan would work if it was just warm, but not when it was super hot. I think that's why it just started acting up again.

I remember some folks on here saying that if those 3 parts didn't fix it, then it'd most likely be an expensive job for someone to chase down a wiring gremlin.

I got in my truck to go home this morning and the fan wasn't blowing. I had flashbacks of arriving to work in the evenings already drenched in sweat and not being able to take my family anywhere in the truck because we'd all be miserable. The first damn Google result was this video:

I got up a little earlier this afternoon so I could mess with it for a bit and sure enough it's a bad connection from a single wire under the TIPM. I shoved a pick on the side of it to tighten up the female connector and drove to work with AC. If you don't watch the video, you can see the connector on the bottom right of the plug looks a little burnt. It's also very loose, and causes the loss of power to the blower motor.

I don't know what percentage of all the people who've replaced blower motor and fuses and relays actually have this problem, but I suspect it's probably most of them.

It is 101⁰ in Houston today, and I imagine just as hot in a bunch of other places. I hope this helps some people. I don't know how the hell I didn't find this video last summer, because the dude posted it 3 years ago.

Attachments

• 20230615_164353.jpg
    20230615_164353.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 23