Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Well sometime here in the near future i plan on puttin on or in, headers. Now either i plan on ****** headers or gibson. Mostly leaning for ******, but anyways my buddy did his headers by himself on his camaro and had a hell of a time. Now would i be in trouble if i did it myself, and should just take it to a shop, or is it worth givin it a try on my own?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
What year Camaro? 3rd gens where a ***** no matter what you did to them.

Does ARH or KOOKS make headers for your truck. ARH are AMAZING... Thicker is most definitely better here... Flange needs to be at least 3/8" thick.

Rogers906

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
All i'm gonna say is have fun. It is not a fun job. You'll be drilling and tapping for sure. Something about the dodge manifolds, the rear bolts like to temper inside the heads and they is absolutely no conventional way of getting them out besides drilling or tapping. When i did my headers, i broke off every bolt except two, had to rip the heads off and soak them in tranny fluid for two days, that still didn't loosen them up. When i went to drill them out i broke two bits just on the rear bolts. Ended up having to get new heads from a scrapyard. I'd say save yourself the trouble and let a shop do it, I got quoted $400 for a full custom exhaust including the header install.