Headlight problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright I have done some reading and I think I have got the answer but just want to clarify.

My passenger hi/lo beams have stopped working. For the last few weeks everytime I start my truck, it flashes I have a light out but normally, I can just flick the switch on and off and it fixes it. well today, I cant get the light to to turn on at all. I doubel checked the bulb, its good. I started probing around and checked the wiring and the power wire to the light socket just gives me a faint pulse. I checked all the grounds, and everything is fine. The drivers side works just fine but on the passenger side, I dont have either hi or lo beams.

Now I have gotten to the point where I think its the FCM. Any ideas?

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
sounds like the fcm to me,

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I was thinking... Now Ive heard any box from 02-05 will work from all rams. is that true? or does it need to be a gas motor, or a hemi? or what? I have a temporary fix where I just spliced a wire and ran over so I have my lights since I can't drive around wiht my highs on all the time.

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
eatly 05 to late 02, is the year , for the gasser id dont matter the motor, i think on the diesels i would watch it, there were changes made 3 times in those years