Heat hotter and stronger on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I know this has been discussed here, and probably many other places, but I have not seen anything in my searching that is either the exact same as the problem I am having or the things I see that look to be similar have no solution posted, if one was ever found.

2013 1500 - Heat comes out hot as hell and with plenty of pressure on passenger side, less pressure and heat on drivers side. When you put the mode to dash and floor together, you get even less out of the driver side dash vents, even on full fan, which makes sense, but the pass side still has plenty. When you turn the temp down from full hot, say to the middle and turn the fan down to 1 or 2, you get next to nothing out of driver side and it's luke warm to cool, while pass side is still very warm and has decent fan pressure, the way the 1 or 2 fan position should.

I had it at a dealer, they replaced an actuator and said they had to "re-program" it, said it was fixed. I went to pick it up and it is doing the EXACT same thing, not even a slight bit better AND now the backup camera stays on while i"m driving or goes to a blue screen above a certain speed.

It's back at the dealer, but I have no faith in them. Anyone ever have this problem or hear of it and know the solution? Just bought the truck, drove it for 4 days and they have had it for 2.5 weeks now. Driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Nobody's heard of this or had it happen?

Search for heater core issues on here. There might be a chance the drivers side of the core could be plugged.Not saying it's your issue,but do a search on here and odds are you'll see guys with the same issue

OP
OP
S

Southbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have seen that before, have searched this issue a lot. Not sure the core would explain the lack of fan strength on the driver side, but also don't find many things where the solution was posted, plenty of the same problem, never a real solution. The dealership is full of jackasses that have no idea what they are doing. Have had my truck for 2 weeks for a damn heater issue.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the core is clogged on drivers side like Wild one said you will get limited heat and fan speed on drivers side, you may have to remove the dash.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The heater core has nothing to do with where the airflow goes
The Mode & Blend doors control the flow of air

I would have to say that if one of the actuators, which are small motors, the truck has 3 or 4 actuators, 2 behind the radio bezel & another hidden by the lower glove compartment, & another one behind the upper glove box

If the dealer pulled the radio bezel & switched out one of those 2 actuators & it did not fix the problem.
Then i suspect that the connecting rod that goes from the actuator to the Blend door or a Mode door has a connector inside of the housing that is broken.
If that blend door has has a broken end piece, that unfortunately is a big job.

The whole dashboard has to be detached & then the huge A/C housing has to be removed to replace the blend door

watch this video, it explains everything

The dealership will replace all of the doors with the OEM parts
They will not install the better after market products

Last edited:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks GTyankee. that was a great video, nice blend doors and hardware.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca