Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello All, my first time asking question here.

Discussion in 'M² Mods' started by 77scottaa, May 1, 2020.

1. 77scottaa

77scottaa Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have a 2012 3500 crew cab dually. It came with cloth seats, no power. I put a new interior in
    but bought power, heated seats from a 2015 Ram 3500 and would like to get the heated seats
    working. If not possible, would I be safe installing wiring direct to heating elements
    using a relay and heated seat switch? Or do you have a harness that would make it work like factory.?
    Side question, how difficult to install heated steering wheel if mine did not come with originally?

I may not be posting this correctly.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

2. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Unfortunately the 2013 to 2018 heated seats will not work in your 2012 in the factory configuration. Your truck is unable to communicate with the heated seat module which is what controls the system. The heated seat elements in the factory seats work off of a 3 wire system that communicates with the module and not 2 wires like an aftermarket system. The heated seat module is also what controls the heated wheel and will not work in your 2012. Your best bet would probably be finding a set of 2012 seats if you want the system to work as factory or just install an aftermarket seat heater kit in the 2015 seats. I don't reccomend trying to just wire up the factory heated seat pads to a switch. Even if you did get them to somehow work or get hot they would have no way to regulate the heat and could possibly catch on fire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  3. 77scottaa

77scottaa Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thank You so much. At least an honest answer, something not gotten from the dealer.
    My 12 had airbags as does the 15'S, bag is same part #. Anyway to get bag light to go out.? They did go out with the original seats b4 the change.

4. STecoD

STecoD Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
    Engine:
    3.0L Diesel
    If you have the 15 seats in your truck you would have to rewire the plug on the seat or on the truck. It doesn’t plug in. If you put your old seats in then you might not have them plugged in all the way. Your question was a little vague so I was trying to answer as best I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The problem is the seats are wired differently. You need re wire the connectors. These are the wires for the seat belt and airbags on your new seats. You will need to figure out the wiring on your old seats and convert the wiring to fit your truck. Unfortunately I don't have the schematics for the 09 to 12 trucks to be able to tell you which wires in your truck control these functions.

Air bags

Pin#3 LB/VT Left Seat Thorax squib line 2

Pin#4 LG/GY Left Seat Thorax
    Squib line 1

Driver's side seat belt

Pin#11 LG/GY Driver Seat Buckle Switch Sense

Pin#12 LG/TN Driver Seat Belt Switch Ground

Passenger seat

airbags
    Pin#6 LB/VT Right Seat Thorax Squib 1 line 2

Pin#7 LG/GY Right Seat Thorax Squib 1 line 1

Seat belt

Pin#8 LB/DG Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Signal

Pin#9 LB/LG Passenger Seat Occupant.

Pin#18 LB/GY Passenger Seat Belt Switch Sense

Another option would be to completely remove your old harness and seat belt assembly from your old seat and install it in the new seat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 2, 2020