Hello From Shreveport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbeljefe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A few words to describe who I am and why I'm here.

Me: I'm just a middle aged music lover with a background in electronics. I was raised in and around the automotive industry and have always had a casual interest in performance and customization but until recently, never took the time to do any serious modifications to my rides. All that has now changed so I'm here to learn as much as possible and hopefully impart some of what I've learned over the years. I own and operate a small custom car audio shop here in Shreveport. Audio is my passion in life and always has been. Call me a speaker nerd, a bass head, an audiophile or whatever you like... if it has something to do with the reproduction of music, I'm a fan of it. I've only been married once in my life and that was when I was 17 years old. My only son is 27 years old and my grandson Ollie is scheduled to arrive in about three months. His grandmother and I can hardly wait. :)

My Truck (what you actually care about): The Goat is a 99 long wheel base extended cab 2wd with a 360 and I've owned it since it was born. Up until last year, it was a work truck and has been treated like a 4X4 at times and a one ton at others. At 267,000 miles it's still going strong with a recently replace engine and rebuilt transmission. I also painted the truck overall about two years ago and am presently in the throes of turning it into a demo ride for my business. I've lowered it slightly but plan to put it on air this winter, after a number of other modifications.

Since I'm an audio nut, I'll go into some long and probably boring details about the present system and its planned evolution. This will probably be a tl;dr for most of you. :)

I won't say brand names as I'm not a paid vendor here and my intention is not to sell you people gear. That may change but for now, I'm gonna keep with respecting the rules of the site and just talk about what I've done...

The electrical system (the foundation of any audio system) consists of a 250 amp HO alternator and will soon be two 370 amps. There are four 100AH AGM batteries, two under the hood and two in the cab but those will soon grow to 8 batteries with 6 being in the bed. Power wire is 4 runs of 1/0 from front to rear to amps but will also be changed to the same number of 2/0 once the second alternator goes in.

Music source is a 10" tablet built into a custom center console which also houses aux and USB inputs to a single din head unit. From there the signal goes to a sound processor and then on to the amps. Front stage amplification is four 60.4 four channel amps. Three are bridged to two channels (at 2Ω) and each drives a pair of 8" pro audio midbass drivers in the doors. The fourth runs two pair of 1" silk dome tweeters... one pair in the factory on axis locations and the other in the doors with the mids. There are no rear speakers.

The sub stage amps are two 1400.1 monoblocks strapped at .5Ω each and they drive two 15" subs in a quarter wave transmission line enclosure which occupies the majority of the cabin, lol. The subs will soon be changed to 18s and each of the new subs will have it's own pair of amps.

This system was built for demonstration as well as my own pleasure so sound quality is as or more important than sound pressure. I'm also a huge fan of very low bass and the t-line has an above -3dB response well below 20Hz so when it plays those notes you don't normally hear in most systems... you hear them well, you feel them and you see them shaking the cabin so.. mission accomplished.

After the truck is on air I will probably do a bed cut and build another transmission line enclosure for four 18s to go in the bed. That's gonna be fun. :)

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have your plans laid out very good

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
B

bbeljefe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks all. I hope to get some valuable information here and with any luck impart some of what I know to others. Which ain't much, lol. :)

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site.

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member