Hello from the middle of nowhere Alberta!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
I joined yesterday but didn't actually realise there was an introduction forum until just now. I live in the middle of nowhere in Alberta, I've owned my Ram since brand new in 2015. I'm an RV technician by trade but I love working on my truck whenever I get a chance, which isn't too often.
My truck is getting into the "high mileage" area so I figured I'd join a forum since I have so much butt time in the darned thing I might as well learn more about it beyond the basic maintenance and maybe share my experiences or knowledge when it comes to trailers, towing, etc..
Anyways, here's a picture of my truck, it's not much but it's reliable and does everything I ask it to. Maybe it's the old farmer mentality that runs in my family but I'm not one for lifted or lowered trucks, give me a reliable truck with a place to store my tools and I'm happy. It has a toolbox instead of the rack now because I got tired of trying to use the tonneau cover in winter and needed a way to lock my tools out of the cab still.

20160929_171047.jpg

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The middle of nowhere sounds like a pretty nice place (minus the snow, grizzly bears and wolves of course! LOL) How many miles do you have on your truck now and what problems have you experienced? My previous RAM was a 2015 and it had all kinds of issues(cam/lifters, rear cam, leaking 3rd brake light)I've had my 17 for 2.5 years now and its been great.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RamForum

OP
OP
RVGuy

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! The middle of nowhere sounds like a pretty nice place (minus the snow, grizzly bears and wolves of course! LOL) How many miles do you have on your truck now and what problems have you experienced? My previous RAM was a 2015 and it had all kinds of issues(cam/lifters, rear cam, leaking 3rd brake light)I've had my 17 for 2.5 years now and its been great.
I'm just passing 250,000km (155,000 miles) right now. Other than maintenance all I've had outside of warranty was 3 CV axle boots. While under warranty I had rear pinion seal leak, my headlight switch melted, and my aux input stopped working to the radio.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome to the site!!!