Hello! Moved from Jeep WK to '16 RAM Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Hello All! Well yesterday I made the move and got myself a 2016 RAM 1500 5.7L QC Sport from my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 and I must say I AM LOVING IT! Pretty much got all the bell and whistles except for Sunroof, Crew Cab, and Nav (I do have the 8.4 Touch Screen, but who needs NAV on there when we have our Phones) but overall it is a huge upgrade from my Grand and I am loving every but of it. Its nice to have a new vehicle with full Warranty for 5 years and before that time comes I will be moving up to a Diesel Long Box for my work (Oilfield Land Surveyor)

I've bought my Grand from a private dealer and it was getting to the 90,000 miles mark which parts will be needed replacing, costly and aftermarket parts are non existence. I've lifted with with Bilstein Adj front Struts and Rear Shocks with HD Springs that brought it up 3.5" and had 33's. She was offroad worthy with E-LSD Front and Rear Diff's and when putting it in 4LOW acted like Diff Lockers, but not very useful for Towing and Camping purposes.

Knowing these RAMs for their sexy looks, amazing performance, and durability I know I made the right move.

Now for baby steps, I will probably end up getting a Budget Lift 2.5" so I can run 33's and eventually upgrade to 6" with 35's

20160531_194525.jpg

IMG_20160503_124959.jpg

akra11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab, 8 speed
Engine
5.7 ltr Hemi - 8 Speed; T1000 Diabolo - Custom Hemi Tune
Congrats to the beauty and welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best bet for a leveling kit are the bilstein 5100s. They are well worth the cost over spacers. Also you can run 35s with just a leveling kit. 33s are stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LumberJakl

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Best bet for a leveling kit are the bilstein 5100s. They are well worth the cost over spacers. Also you can run 35s with just a leveling kit. 33s are stock

Wouldn't my current Strut assembly be OK with Spacers? It is brand new, but Bilstein's are known for their quality as I had them on my Jeep..

Where would be the best place to get them?
I've found this website from the Lift FAQ Writeup in the 4gen Lift section, but it says its not available for my year..
2009-2015 Dodge Ram Shocks & Struts - Bilstein 24-187367 - Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Struts

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Real nice looking truck and welcome to the forum

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't my current Strut assembly be OK with Spacers? It is brand new, but Bilstein's are known for their quality as I had them on my Jeep..

Where would be the best place to get them?

I've found this website from the Lift FAQ Writeup in the 4gen Lift section, but it says its not available for my year..

2009-2015 Dodge Ram Shocks & Struts - Bilstein 24-187367 - Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Struts

Spacers are not as good as bilsteins. Bilsteins won't over extend your suspension like spacers will. I'm not going to say you'd have any issues with spacers, because many have not, but a lot of people on this forum have popped their upper bjs with spacers. Do some research on that topic and you'll see what I mean. 2016 didn't change suspension so those will work just fine

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here. The Bil 5100's are the best way to either level or raise your truck. Also if you do you might also consider new UCA to prevent any problems with your upper ball joints popping out. If you need help finding parts you might check with Matt at Moe's Performance. He is a vendor on this site with a sterling reputation for honesty and service.
Jay

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Great looking truck! Welcome to the site

Tony :rockit: