Help 05 went from taking off to nothing...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addi_C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pulled out of the drive as I was getting up to speed my 05 5.7 automatic was just about to shift into 3rd and it suddenly went into ghost nuetral a invisible gear that trumps all gears no movement in any gear.
She's got 180k on her so I don't just romp on her, but I've got the exaust dumped so I feel and hear the gears. I was towing a lite trailer too and I safely coasted Into a neighbors driveway.
i checked and changed the tranny fluid that was a bit over filled little dark. It shifted back into park and cant find a gear again,.
i was a bit angry as it was a 101 and in the sun. It was the tree at first I was attempting to move and nothing I shifted back into park where it stopped I'm R and wouldn't get P so I cycled it again and same, killed it ,. And like it felt it started up in R which was not R it was P I shifted two down killed it and just as I suspected it started up in nuetral that read D on the dash,
i changed the shift linkage it changed nothing but the letters being wromg
Still no go
There is now a bit if a leak from the radiator,
The day before I was almost home and the dash cued that it had lost communication with the pcm,
While changing tranny fluids inspection revealed a bare wire on transducer plug, I rewired the plug cleaned and put the same noids and ducer back in, no
hing. Had to order them in tomorruw. I hope the tranny isnt toast. I now have a stripped bolt in the pan and a leak can that lack of pressure cause the no shift or can a Temp Cntrl sensor cause this also, because I got a code 2 weeks ago for it once and it never showed back up after i changed the thermostate.
Im n deep looking for a raft.