Help w/ Un Pinning FCM Wires from connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rammers.... lol. I have searched here and other sites + googled ...
I cannot figure out what tool i need to unpin the wires from the FCM. Trying to remove wires from a donor truck and install for upgrades to my 14 RCSB.
I got lucky with my fog light project and they popped right out when i pulled. The Hood latch wiring is another story.

If you could post a pic of the proper tool to use or a video would be appreciated. I picked up a multi kind of tool at the local auto shop, but i obviously don't know what im doing or have the wrong tool.

Much thanks in advance.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I’ve found most of the pins can be remove with a sharpened paper clip. Just file an end and turn it into a miniature flat head screwdriver. This lets you get into the connectors and move the little “lever” that most pins have.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found a decent set of pin removal tools on amazon for $7.00. They work well.

kweiny Auto Terminals Removal Key Tool Set | Car Electrical Wiring Crimp Connector Extractor Puller Release Pin Kit (18 Pieces)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963