Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/ Un Pinning FCM Wires from connectors

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TylerC, Jun 29, 2020.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. TylerC

TylerC Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hey Rammers.... lol. I have searched here and other sites + googled ...
    I cannot figure out what tool i need to unpin the wires from the FCM. Trying to remove wires from a donor truck and install for upgrades to my 14 RCSB.
    I got lucky with my fog light project and they popped right out when i pulled. The Hood latch wiring is another story.

If you could post a pic of the proper tool to use or a video would be appreciated. I picked up a multi kind of tool at the local auto shop, but i obviously don't know what im doing or have the wrong tool.

Much thanks in advance.

2. GordDavey

GordDavey Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    From what I’ve found most of the pins can be remove with a sharpened paper clip. Just file an end and turn it into a miniature flat head screwdriver. This lets you get into the connectors and move the little “lever” that most pins have.

Wild one and likes2build like this.
  3. Badger 13

Badger 13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 Dodge Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I found a decent set of pin removal tools on amazon for $7.00. They work well.

kweiny Auto Terminals Removal Key Tool Set | Car Electrical Wiring Crimp Connector Extractor Puller Release Pin Kit (18 Pieces)

Wild one likes this.