Help with removing front bumper 2023 Ram Rebel 2500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heatherc23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins diesel 6.7
Good evening,

I recently purchased front and rear bumpers for my 2023 Ram Rebel 2500 Diesel pickup from Chassis Unlimited. The rear bumper was super simple to remove and equally as simple to install the new one. The front bumper has so many sensors and the company apparently is used to selling to businesses so their installation description just literally says to first remove the front bumper. I need a little more information here on how to safely do so. I am replacing the front bumper with a new one with warn winch and side brush guards. The only removal videos I have found are to remove the grill as well but for an older truck. I appreciate any advice her.\e.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I literally just did this while you posted this. The attachment will be the same as any 5th gen.

Essentially 4 bolts each side total of 8.

For sensors and lights you will just have to look to see how it is clipped in. The instructions are basic but everything you need to do is basic as well.

FYI wire your winch in and sensors before you mount it. I used a floor jack and balanced the bumper while jacking it into place.20231015_183233.jpg

Last edited:

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I did the Chassis Unlimited on my Power Wagon, and am trying to understand what you’re asking. In the front bumper there is a harness for the parking sensors and fog lights. You just remove the harness and the 4 parking sensors, and reinstall them into the new bumper in the same orientation as the factory bumper. (I also had the factory winch control wire/plug the install). My only curveball during installation was that all the YouTube videos on removing the factory bumper just have it being removed by 4bolts on each side. In the PW (don’t know about your model) the bumper is also welded to the frame on both sides so it took a few minutes to figure out why it wasn’t coming off after removing the bolts. I had the cut the welds with n angle grinder to get the factory bumper off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357