HID upgrade on 2018 Gen 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainBrian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Hello everyone. Brand new to this forum. I have a 2018 2500 Limited Tungsten. I’m installing a GTR HID headlamp upgrade kit. Passenger side, high and low beams went beautifully. But when I got to the last step of reconnecting the drivers side headlamp housing the OEM plug will not go back on. In other words, it is hitting something that’s stopping the plug from clicking into place. None of the pins in the housing female socket look bent, damaged, or missing. Can’t see anything wrong with the male wiring plug either. Headed to the dealership this morning but I thought I’d see if anyone has experienced this same issue. Many thanks.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would contact GTR and ask them. Please let us know what you found out if you made it to the dealer.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the driver side headlight work? You state that it won’t click and lock tight but do the lights work without the plug being locked? I’d assume since the factory harness plugged up to the OEM headlight it’s probably the plug on the GTR. You may be able to shave a bit of the plastic off the plug for better fitment and save the headache of returns or dealer involvement.