hood rust and in service date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilytrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow I didn't know the hood was aluminum. I took a magnet around the truck just now and it would stick to everything except the hood. I was thinking in the future I might buy a Ford since it's all aluminum, but I guess maybe not now. The dealer has a high end body shop doing the repair for my truck. I guess now it's going to be just paint repair. And sealing up to prevent water to get at the repair. At least I would think that.

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have/had that same bubbling on L/front of hood. Was thinking about getting repaired. It is now, due to an uninsured ass coming out of gas station and cutting me off. No frame damage, but front bumper, grill, fender and the front corner of the hood. Not the way I wanted to get it repaired.

copcarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey all,

Coincidentally just after my friend sent me a picture of his ‘20 1500 doing this on the hood, I went out and checked my wife’s 1 year old Grand Caravan. Ugggh. I waxed this vehicle about a month or two ago and I KNOW I would’ve noticed this… Now my OCD is in full-gear for my ‘21 3500.

Attachments

• AF26918D-79F1-475B-BBA8-1C7473897D13.jpeg
    AF26918D-79F1-475B-BBA8-1C7473897D13.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 15

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Aluminum corrodes as well, rust is the identifiable term for iron and steel corrosion.
yes I explained that also... rust is a form of oxidation. same process just a term typically not used with aluminum

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Wow I didn't know the hood was aluminum. I took a magnet around the truck just now and it would stick to everything except the hood. I was thinking in the future I might buy a Ford since it's all aluminum, but I guess maybe not now. The dealer has a high end body shop doing the repair for my truck. I guess now it's going to be just paint repair. And sealing up to prevent water to get at the repair. At least I would think that.
if you google it, your will see a number of car manufacturers have had issues and some even recalls due to paint not sticking properly to aluminum body panels.. ford has one such recal on numerous vehicles including some year mustangs.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the issue happen to my old 2011 Town and country van. I didn't notice it until the warranty was up so never fixed it. Thankfully it didn't shaft very quickly. I have been checking both my 2018 ram and the wife's 2018 pacifica pretty often as I would want it repaired if it happens under warranty. So far neither have the paint bubbles though.

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Your hood is aluminum... still corrosion. My 2014 is doing it on both sides.