Hooke Road Bumper ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Is anyone running a Hooke Road front Bumper?

If so could you share a pic of it, and whats your feedback on it?

Thanks in advance :waytogo:

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
That's what prompted my post asking. Gonna look at it tomorrow.

Not sure it'll flow with mine, but seeing in person always helps.

The thing I'm not sure about, as well, is the fact that the front suspension seems more exposed, so that if I did hit something on the road, that the suspension would actually take the hit directly, as opposed to the bumper deflecting it. I totally get the idea of offloading and the advantage of it.

Did see their web site and the above pic. Looks like someone forgot top trim the wheel liner, lol.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
That's what prompted my post asking. Gonna look at it tomorrow.

Not sure it'll flow with mine, but seeing in person always helps.

The thing I'm not sure about, as well, is the fact that the front suspension seems more exposed, so that if I did hit something on the road, that the suspension would actually take the hit directly, as opposed to the bumper deflecting it. I totally get the idea of offloading and the advantage of it.

Did see their web site and the above pic. Looks like someone forgot top trim the wheel liner, lol.
Yes on the trim lol ..

You can always get a skid plate which is what my idea was which would sort of not make it look like it is buck toothed lol ..

But yes, the suspension is fully exposed with these aftermarket bumpers, not just this one all of them ...

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Good point with a skid plate.

Weather prevented me from checking it out today. Will try on sat or sun.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines not a Hooke bumper but it’s a similar design. Barricade HD bumper.

Attachments

• 9837B745-99B7-4BAD-9378-4EA62F6E33EF.jpeg
    9837B745-99B7-4BAD-9378-4EA62F6E33EF.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 6BED4D07-B292-469A-AE94-D5D613B49106.jpeg
    6BED4D07-B292-469A-AE94-D5D613B49106.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 63512D67-70BA-4FA6-BC94-FA8BF266D77F.jpeg
    63512D67-70BA-4FA6-BC94-FA8BF266D77F.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 52

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was checking out off road designed bumpers this week cause I gotta replace my chrome OEM rear due to severe peeling (it's just ugly - I hate ugly). Of course I started at Hooke, based solely on the price. I learned quickly why they're so inexpensive. It's a 3 piece design bolted together. I also looked at Barricade as well. One piece build, fully welded, and powder coated. They're built like a tank, plain and simple.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea. I have only 1 complaint about my bumper. This style I bought is not winch compatible. The winch version was bigger looking and did not offer a skid plate. I will be replacing this one in the future with a winch capable bumper of a similar design or having a custom bumper done.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well as someone that just got their rear bumper today I can say this 100% better than stock. Four Grade 8 bolts hold each section to the center portion. Didn't flex with my fat ass standing in the corner pocket to get up in to the bed. Is it a barracade? No. But I don't have 1/2 of what a barracade costs for even a single bumper. So far I'm happy with it. Let you know how well it does in a few years or if I happen to hit something.

Picked up a front and rear off Amazon for $649. Still waiting the front. Rear came from NJ, front is coming from CA.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I was checking out off road designed bumpers this week cause I gotta replace my chrome OEM rear due to severe peeling (it's just ugly - I hate ugly). Of course I started at Hooke, based solely on the price. I learned quickly why they're so inexpensive. It's a 3 piece design bolted together. I also looked at Barricade as well. One piece build, fully welded, and powder coated. They're built like a tank, plain and simple.
Excellent feedback. Strength is certainly something I wouldn't want to sacrifice. I'd want oem or better, otherwise..... whats the point.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Well as someone that just got their rear bumper today I can say this 100% better than stock. Four Grade 8 bolts hold each section to the center portion. Didn't flex with my fat ass standing in the corner pocket to get up in to the bed. Is it a barracade? No. But I don't have 1/2 of what a barracade costs for even a single bumper. So far I'm happy with it. Let you know how well it does in a few years or if I happen to hit something.

Picked up a front and rear off Amazon for $649. Still waiting the front. Rear came from NJ, front is coming from CA.
Keep us posted with some pics too :waytogo:

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Excellent feedback. Strength is certainly something I wouldn't want to sacrifice. I'd want oem or better, otherwise..... whats the point.
I'm sure these bumpers could be bolted, then welded, recoated, and achieve a much stronger bumper. But at an additional cost. Puts you right into the bracket of the more expensive off road bumpers. And I've seen some 3 and 4 grand bumpers for these RAM's. Functionality and safety, two important factors. Appearance is right up there too though. Good luck whichever way you go.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I'm sure these bumpers could be bolted, then welded, recoated, and achieve a much stronger bumper. But at an additional cost. Puts you right into the bracket of the more expensive off road bumpers. And I've seen some 3 and 4 grand bumpers for these RAM's. Functionality and safety, two important factors. Appearance is right up there too though. Good luck whichever way you go.
Appreciate it. May simply end up leaving well enough alone. I’m not dissatisfied with what I have, but the style did catch my eye a bit. :waytogo:

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Appreciate it. May simply end up leaving well enough alone. I’m not dissatisfied with what I have, but the style did catch my eye a bit. :waytogo:
I know the feeling. Those off road styled bumpers are awesome. And functional too. Add a bevy of lighting options, winch, and retain tow hooks. Believe me, I get the appeal. They are indeed a step up in a major way. But no matter which way you go. Good luck. And don't forget, while you're looking, look around A LOT. There are deals out there, just gotta be relentless to find them... :)

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well to be honest, AEV and Chassis Unlimited are also three piece bolt together. It's merely a choice to address packaging. I don't know how an effective thickness of 3/8" (where the pieces bolt together) and grade 12 marked bolts are going to bend/break before the frame horns bend. I think the issue is really corrosion resistance. But honestly if it isn't a mall crawler and get out on the trail is that as much of an issue? It's gunna get beat up anyway.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What bumpers did you get? Hooke Road? Post up some pictures.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Yeah. Ordered this pair Christmas day for $649.

Hooke Road Ram 1500 Steel Bumpers Front and Rear Bumpers Kit for 2013-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 (Exclude Rebel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J176BC...t_i_032S3PZS4K6GGXJNDFZV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They're not bad. Packaging was less than optimal. And I've heard they're a pain in ass for returns so maybe going through Amazon is the proper path.

View attachment 483473

View attachment 483472

View attachment 483474
Can you post side shots from the front? I want to see how they look on other trucks not just the pictures the have .... Most aftermarket bumpers make our trucks look like they are buck toothed with huge overbite lol ....

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Nice truck. Any plans for any protection under the bumper area. :waytogo: