Hope this 3M film is worth it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She's in for what may be the world's most expensive bra. Anyone else have this applied? Thoughts/impressions?

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nothing to add but I want to see the finished product...good luck.

mikelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the entire front clip of my Infiniti G37S covered, if done well it looks great (i.e. you can't see it) and it really protects the finish from the elements. It does pick up damage over time from bird droppings and acid rain so the finish will degrade some but then you can peel it off to reveal virtually new paint. Some may argue for the cost you could have the front of the vehicle resprayed every couple of years for the same cost and in most cases they would be right. So I guess in the end it is a personal choice.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My painter and I were just joking about this stuff yesterday, when I picked up my truck. I was joking around about how a dude parked next to me at a car show in his sooped up off road Xterra...he had this stuff EVERYWHERE...the pillars, fenders, grille, mirrors...EVERYWHERE.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have had it on my SRT for 5 years and it has definitely saved the paint. Well worth the money. As long as the installer does a good job of tucking it in and behind creases and body panel joints, it'll look good for a long time.

I put in on the front fascia, about 10" back on the hood and front fenders, the leading face of the mirror pods, the door handle indents, the leading edge of the rear wheel wells and on the top of the rear fascia.

It's all doin' great and you can see where it's been hit.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have it on my Rams hood. I would definitely do your front bumper since you have a sport and the bumper is painted.

OP
OP
audio1der

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it's invisible. Couldn't be happier. I thought the color might show the edge/cutoff line more, but you have to really look to see it. I know this isn't close-up but I wanted to wait until I clay/polish/wax it to get those.

Attachments

• 3Md.jpg
    3Md.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 56

Canadian Coyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you do your bumper as well? I am going to look at doing my hood and bumper. I have not looked at any costs yet? Pretty pricey??

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ya i did it myself. i havent got to the front bumper but it did do the rear quater panels, rear inner fender lip and bottom of the rear bumper to stop stone chips. stone chip equal rust in a few canadian winters so really dont care what it looks like as long as it prolongs damage. i will get to the rockers one day.