How long has your Ram been in the shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfljsfdkjs

Reaction score
For those who have had to send their Ram back to the dealer for warranty work, how long have you had to live without your truck?

I'm currently on my second visit, and approaching two weeks with no truck. The really fun part is that it's in for a leak, and it's just sitting in their parking lot getting more and more water in it each time it rains.

I'm certain this is still on the low side since dealers are so backed up, but I'm curious to hear what other experiences have been. How long have you been without your truck since you bought it?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No techs left Covid ruined the work force. My truck was in for 3 weeks just for them to look at it.

OP
OP
S

sfljsfdkjs

Reaction score
The leak is in the rear of the cab.

Nothing in todays economy is solved in minutes. There's a three week wait at both Ram dealers in town. They kept it a week the first time to change the third brake light. They didn't test it, just gave it back and said it was fixed. It was still leaking. The inside of the windows fogged up so bad that water was beading and running down them. Now they say the entire window needs to be replaced...which requires that pics be sent to corporate for approval. Once they have approval they can execute replacement. No clue if they have the parts or not, and no estimate on a date for getting it back to me.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Keep track of the time spent in the shop and check out your states lemon laws.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Sorry to hear about this..

Just for comparison sake, my Tundra 2022 needed a TSB flash done, I setup appt with my nearby dealer via their website, and they're available in 1-2 days to perform the work.

Same happened with my Nissan work van - took 2 business days to drop off and pickup next day all ready and fixed issue with Axle bolts rattling...

When I had my ram 1500 2013, it was always 2-3 week wait just to make appointment to get it looked at

Why?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
my rear window needed replacement they (body shop ) taped up the window (top of it) so i could use it till the new one came in it took one day to install. my window came in 2 days but the body shop sent it back due to it being faulty . when they got the good one i was without my vehicle for one day. im sticking with this dealership. it has been 2 years no cracks no leaks.