How to Add Overhead Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Adding Overhead Console

Where is the best place online (not eBay) to order these parts?

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
just ordered the parts, hopefully they are here by the weekend so I can get this project done

jmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
Maybe this will help you, I've attached the wiring diagram I used when wiring the lights and compass/homelink module. Good Luck.

Attachments

• ConsoleWiring-0.jpg
    ConsoleWiring-0.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,353
Last edited:

nspector65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love to do this mod but I am afraid of cutting the headliner. I tried this on my 02 Durango and I cut too wide. If anyone has pics of the cutting process and would post them, it would be greatly appreciated!!

CaptNkllm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
just start from the center and work your way out.. Watch where it clips to the bracket at the windshield.. it is real close there

Capt

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Going to bump an old thread, apologies..

Is it possible to hook up the power window switch too? I am looking in to adding the power rear window, and want to get the right console just in case.. But want to make sure this switch is fairly straight forward to install.

CaptNkllm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The window switch takes a plug from the window harness. You would need the window and motor (possibly the harness for the window) I would assume it is plug and play. Not sure if it would née programmed to work.

Let me us know if you do it . Something I would like also

Capt

Scott24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 ST
Engine
Cummins
Compass Module Question

I am adding the overhead console to my 2012 ST. Has anyone had sucess with their dealer being able to update the computer to accept the module? My truck has the temp displayed in the upper right corner of the EVIC, and I think the compass would be in the upper left corner?

What sales code do they need to do the update. Can you get a console with just the garage door buttons? Lastly, will the pin out kit mentioned in the earlier threads come with the plugs needed to plug into the compass module and garage door buttons/

Any help or pics appreciated.

Scott24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 ST
Engine
Cummins
Update on the Overhead with Compass. The module itself only has three wires for connection, power, ground and the linbus wire. The illumination is obtained through the linbus wire, both on with headlights and dimming. I have found as others as well, the sales code for the compass cannot be added. This is because Dodge will not allow it to be added to a VIN if this was not something installed at the factory. The dealer can add the sales code to the VIN, but it will not activate the compass in the end.

I am working on two solutions to have the TIPM programmed. When I get it done I will post the results. Keeping my fingers crossed. Having the homelink is nice, and this works and even displays in the EVIC that it is "transmitting" so I know the module is communicating with the TIPM.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
tapping

So the yellow white is the important one..namely making "dome" lights come via the door...if I tap into the yellow white and black ground and run pigtail off that..can I wire in any extra light source..for example some led footwell lights or under seat lights...? Does this hold true for the rotary dial on headlight module.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
2013 Difference

I just checked my trucks vin against the techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm ..site, it indicates the yellow/white as mentioned here on threads as now being YL/VT(yellow/violet) 2013 anyways..took my A post grab handle off..and confirmed..also have a yellow/lt blue which according to diagram links it too a glovebox lamp..diagram also show front footwell lights powered by same YL/VT wire..going to go look for a connetor with a YL/VT and BL.. thinking that the YL/LB being "constant" power..for map lights, glove box...

darrenk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
excellent write up, i just ordered mine so if i hope to have mine in soon. Just one light in a crew cab is not enough.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
No doubt.. its ridiculous and the fact that its not a standard part of the truck is INSANE.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just checked my trucks vin against the techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm ..site, it indicates the yellow/white as mentioned here on threads as now being YL/VT(yellow/violet) 2013 anyways..took my A post grab handle off..and confirmed..also have a yellow/lt blue which according to diagram links it too a glovebox lamp..diagram also show front footwell lights powered by same YL/VT wire..going to go look for a connetor with a YL/VT and BL.. thinking that the YL/LB being "constant" power..for map lights, glove box...

I cant get this site to work is there another thanks