How to: Delete Air Suspension on 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought I would post this since I surprisingly couldn’t find much info on this myself. 2013 seems to be an odd year for air suspension, it’s the first model year it was available and also the first year of the 13+ refresh in which pretty much everything electrical got redone on these trucks.

If you have a 2014+, post #12 on this thread lists everything you need to do in detail: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/help-four-corner-air-suspension-problems.204794/page-2#post-2876615

The issue is those options aren’t even in the BCM of a 2013, the only air suspension related setting is the ASCM (air suspension control module). Turns out that just makes it easier. All you need to do is disable that ASCM setting (picture attached), then pull fuses F5 and F50 as described in the above linked thread. That completely removed everything air suspension related from the truck, including the service air suspension alert on startup, the ride height settings in the cluster, and the ride height buttons on the dash.

IMG_9553.jpeg

There’s no need to physically unplug the ASCM like some people suggested, but you will need to unplug and remove the ride height sensors on all 4 corners when you swap the struts and coils out. I taped up the connectors and tucked them into nearby holes in the frame to keep them out of the way.

Last edited: