How to: DIY Grill Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mako21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking to do this to my truck as well. Great how-to! But my ‘19 Bighorn doesn’t have DRL’s. Any recommendation on where to tie in a relay instead?

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking to do this to my truck as well. Great how-to! But my ‘19 Bighorn doesn’t have DRL’s. Any recommendation on where to tie in a relay instead?

Your big horn has the marker lights so just find the wire that feeds those and there’s your trigger.

Will Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In this video I show you how to install grill lights and wire them up using a relay. This project is super easy and costs around $30 in materials.

d2eb300a4b778e73073808003a3fbf0f.jpg

0c055ca3b9ec1382a8e2aaf8e4219fe8.jpg

hey man, I’ve watched your YouTube video that you have up and I believe I quoted on the one that you installed the C.A.I on about if you have installed the rAm air portion. But on these lights, for the trigger on the relay, would it be easy to take out that headlight assembly to get to the wiring cluster or is there another way? I’m fine with removing but if I don’t have to, why bother. Lol

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Taking out these headlights is a pretty involved processed. Pulling the top of the Intake out will give you plenty of room to get behind the passenger light.

If for whatever reason you find it easier to get to the drivers light, the white color is white and brown (not sure why it’s different than the passenger side).

Will Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Taking out these headlights is a pretty involved processed. Pulling the top of the Intake out will give you plenty of room to get behind the passenger light.

If for whatever reason you find it easier to get to the drivers light, the white color is white and brown (not sure why it’s different than the passenger side).

I’ve had the headlights out a couple of times ( I changed to LED lights ). So it’s really not too too bad anymore now that I got it figured out. So on the passenger side it’s the white w/ orange one I’d be looking for right? Or since I changed to the CIA, I could probably find it from there.

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had the headlights out a couple of times ( I changed to LED lights ). So it’s really not too too bad anymore now that I got it figured out. So on the passenger side it’s the white w/ orange one I’d be looking for right? Or since I changed to the CIA, I could probably find it from there.

Correct, good luck with the project!

Will Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the help. After a couple of “figuring out” rounds, I got them lit up. It’s daytime, and can’t really see them very much but thank you for the info that you post and gave me.

88D646E6-7A0B-4A8E-BFB9-DB56ECB768EC.jpeg