How To: Install Maxtrac Leveling 2wd kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was switching back and forth between lenses, i should probably learn to use the camera better. but here.

Dude!!! Freaking perfect! What are the wheels and what are your wheel and tire specs?? I've been looking at wheels like that.

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Dude!!! Freaking perfect! What are the wheels and what are your wheel and tire specs?? I've been looking at wheels like that.

The wheels are pacer 164's ( or ultra 164's they are the same company ) they are 17x9 with a -12 offset and the tires are 315/70r17 bfg at's

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wheels are pacer 164's ( or ultra 164's they are the same company ) they are 17x9 with a -12 offset and the tires are 315/70r17 bfg at's

Wow. Pretty much exactly what I want. I want some wider 17's and some 305/70/17 tires. Thanks for the inspiration man. Your truck is damn clean. This is what mine looks like right now. It needs help in the tire and wheel department lol.

0331161624_zps7p4i7ten.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Wow. Pretty much exactly what I want. I want some wider 17's and some 305/70/17 tires. Thanks for the inspiration man. Your truck is damn clean. This is what mine looks like right now. It needs help in the tire and wheel department lol.

0331161624_zps7p4i7ten.jpg

Why not do the 315? No trimming at all and fills in the wheel well nicely and not much of a price difference if any at all. I feel no difference at all in torque or acceleration and my truck lights these 35's up just as easy ( did it on accident trying to get out into traffic) I have the 3.92's what gears do you have? I love that color I don't like the blackout I have black paint is way too hard to keep nice and this is my 3rd black vehicle I have owned in a row. If you need any help picking wheels and tires I have done nothing but search them the last 6 months so just ask

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not do the 315? No trimming at all and fills in the wheel well nicely and not much of a price difference if any at all. I feel no difference at all in torque or acceleration and my truck lights these 35's up just as easy ( did it on accident trying to get out into traffic) I have the 3.92's what gears do you have? I love that color I don't like the blackout I have black paint is way too hard to keep nice and this is my 3rd black vehicle I have owned in a row. If you need any help picking wheels and tires I have done nothing but search them the last 6 months so just ask

I honestly never really considered them. If the price difference is minimal then I don't have a problem. I also have 3.92's and the 8-speed. I like the black trucks, but don't want to deal with the upkeep :roflsquared:. I appreciate the offer. I will keep you in mind when its time for me to buy. I like your wheels and some of the Method's. I don't like the crazy busy wheels. I like them simple.

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I honestly never really considered them. If the price difference is minimal then I don't have a problem. I also have 3.92's and the 8-speed. I like the black trucks, but don't want to deal with the upkeep :roflsquared:. I appreciate the offer. I will keep you in mind when its time for me to buy. I like your wheels and some of the Method's. I don't like the crazy busy wheels. I like them simple.

im the same way, people have forgotten that 22" deep dish wheels on 33" tires dont belong on trucks. less wheel more tire! yeah the method standards and american alloy 012's are good choices but the methods are pricey and the AE's dont have enough of an offset.

mickey thompson classic 3's
pro comp 7069's
american racing baja's
pacer 164's
ultra 164's

these are all the " hole style " rather than the spoke style. Just make sure yu are getting something with a -12mm offset to give it a more aggressive look, and to be able to clear a tire that big.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It's crown point/mission Bay Area in San diego

Funny, wife and I are considering coming to SD for vacation...love some insight where to stay...close to beach, walking to food, etc

Thank you.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im the same way, people have forgotten that 22" deep dish wheels on 33" tires dont belong on trucks. less wheel more tire! yeah the method standards and american alloy 012's are good choices but the methods are pricey and the AE's dont have enough of an offset.

mickey thompson classic 3's
pro comp 7069's
american racing baja's
pacer 164's
ulta 164's

these are all the " hole style " rather than the spoke style. Just make sure yu are getting something with a -12mm offset to give it a more aggressive look, and to be able to clear a tire that big.

Thank you sir. Time to do some research.

OP
OP
R

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Funny, wife and I are considering coming to SD for vacation...love some insight where to stay...close to beach, walking to food, etc

Thank you.

depends on what scene you are into or even your age. if you are younger looking to party, stay near pacific beach area. if you are a little older stay near downtown. but everything along the coast from la jolla to downtown is nice.

pacific beach
la jolla
mission beach
ocean beach

they all have their ups and downs, but they are all within 10 mins from each other, stay at a nice place that is central and you can rent beach cruisers and easily ride to any of them if you are into that or ubers and lyfts are EVERYWHERE down there because there is a big drinking scene. look at the bahia or paradise point, or even the hilton in mission bay. all nice places.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
depends on what scene you are into or even your age. if you are younger looking to party, stay near pacific beach area. if you are a little older stay near downtown. but everything along the coast from la jolla to downtown is nice.

pacific beach
la jolla
mission beach
ocean beach

they all have their ups and downs, but they are all within 10 mins from each other, stay at a nice place that is central and you can rent beach cruisers and easily ride to any of them if you are into that or ubers and lyfts are EVERYWHERE down there because there is a big drinking scene. look at the bahia or paradise point, or even the hilton in mission bay. all nice places.

Thanks man, good info, like the Mission Beach, was looking at the Catamaran Beach and Spa.

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did. You dont have to back them completely out. Once you start to loosen them the lower arm will start to drop.

Did you retighten them while the truck was still in the air or after it was back on the ground and loaded?

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've just got the passenger side all in and bolted back up. That chain trick did the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk