How to remove wax residue from black panels between upper doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Pitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried the Meguiar's "Magic Black" and it works for a short while, but the chalky look comes back. Your best bet is to wax strip it and re-paint with one of several products out there, Dupli-Color has a trim bumper paint and Eastwood has a Plastic restorer, it is expensive. I am going to try it on the wife's SUV. In the future, tape the black plastic parts and keep the wax off of it.

Om my new Ram 1500 I have applied Adams ceramic coating on the trim. Will see how it holds up.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried the Meguiar's "Magic Black" and it works for a short while, but the chalky look comes back. Your best bet is to wax strip it and re-paint with one of several products out there, Dupli-Color has a trim bumper paint and Eastwood has a Plastic restorer, it is expensive. I am going to try it on the wife's SUV. In the future, tape the black plastic parts and keep the wax off of it.

Om my new Ram 1500 I have applied Adams ceramic coating on the trim. Will see how it holds up.
Peanut butter! Seriously, try it