How to replace a 1999 5.2L Transmission? 46re

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoAlternative8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have my eyes on a 1999 1500 5.2L on craigslist. I'd like to use it as a snowmobiling winter rat for this coming season.

The seller says the engine runs good but the transmission slips when it gets warmed up. The truck has 170k on it. The seller has a replacement 46re transmission with 130k that comes with the truck.

$1200 for the set up.

It's been a few years since I've had my hands on a transmission so I was thinking this could be a fun project.

Does anybody have any helpful links, videos or write ups in regards to replacing this type of transmission?
I have a rough idea where to start and have enough tools, but like I said it's been a while so any help/ opinions would be great!

Brad

K29445

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Dude, a tranny is a tranny....unbolt the drive shaft, unplug the wires, get the exhaust out of the way and unbolt the heavy *******. If it were me, I'd have the replacement transmission rebuilt just in case it has any issues so you don't have to do this again next month.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45