How to reset HVAC on dual climate system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phxramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, i installed a new blend door and sometimes when my truck starts it is only blowing AC out of the floor vents. Sometimes it works great. Can someone tell me how to reset my HVAC system with this configuration? Thank you

image0(5).jpeg

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Search youtube for videos on Ram blend door. They show how to re-calibrate it. I do not remember the procedure.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I can only say that a decent Radiator & Air Conditioning shop has a computerized machine that allows them to work the actuators on each of the 4 doors
So they likely they can reset everything, except the HVAC Control panel & possibly they can now do that.

I do know that usually in Chrysler's Rams...
there are 4 actuators for the 4 doors

Recirculation Door, controls FRESH AIR, it is above the Glove Compartments
Blend Door, controls Heat or Cooling, it is found to the left of the Lower Glove box, slightly above the fan.
Mode 1 & Mode 2 doors, are found behind the panel that holds the radio in place, at the lowest part of the dash board.( easy to locate on the GEN 4 Rams ), not easy on the GEN 3 Dodge Rams.
Mode Doors direct where the heat or cooling goes, feet, chest, dash

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, i installed a new blend door and sometimes when my truck starts it is only blowing AC out of the floor vents. Sometimes it works great. Can someone tell me how to reset my HVAC system with this configuration? Thank you

View attachment 524408

If you disconnect, then reconnect the negative battery cable - then start the engine and turn-on the HVAC system, it will go through a self-calibration (which can take 1-2 minutes).

Please note that you would lose any stored trouble codes.