Hydroboost system diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2012 RAM 2500, 4x4, 408 CTD, HydroBoost steering/braking system...

My power steering pump is starting to squeal and I have a high pressure hose that is oozing fluid...

Chiltons shop manuals are annoyingly totally useless, they don't even show the location of the PS pump for filling... My Google-Fu has failed me, does anyone have a system diagram showing how the HydroBoost is installed and plumbed? Extra points if you have a diagram with current part numbers... Rock Auto has a new AAE OEM pump but all kinds of hoses listed. Not knowing what hose goes where, I don't know which ones to order.

Thanks!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
2012 RAM 2500, 4x4, 408 CTD, HydroBoost steering/braking system...

My power steering pump is starting to squeal and I have a high pressure hose that is oozing fluid...

Chiltons shop manuals are annoyingly totally useless, they don't even show the location of the PS pump for filling... My Google-Fu has failed me, does anyone have a system diagram showing how the HydroBoost is installed and plumbed? Extra points if you have a diagram with current part numbers... Rock Auto has a new AAE OEM pump but all kinds of hoses listed. Not knowing what hose goes where, I don't know which ones to order.

Thanks!
Try this URL its not the best illustration but will give you the idea, fyi power steering hose are on back order: https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-pa...wMCZ5PTIwMTImdD1zbHQmZT02LTdsLWw2LWRpZXNlbA==

OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Try this URL its not the best illustration but will give you the idea, fyi power steering hose are on back order:

Yeah, I found out from all of the local RAM parts places that getting the pump is easy and not really all that expensive. Getting the hoses... Welllll.... I am thinking of going with OleJoe's suggestion and just taking the bad hoses to a hydraulic shop and having them custom made... May be a little more expensive but I can at least get them in a timely manner. Not liking putting a quarter bottle of ATF in my pump every morning... Or the oil stains forming in my driveway!

OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I can almost guarantee you that it won’t be more expensive. I pinched a ps hose on my JD tractor and got one made for half the price of the OEM one that they would have had to order and wait for. Hydraulic shop made it for me in about 20 minutes.