I have some ideas for my 04 dodge short box(repainting)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lord_Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
I have wanted to repaint or wrap my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 (standard cab and short box) and topper. I have been working on this truck since I got it, (I call the project "04 Ramcharger") it has minor rust but is fixable. Any info or advice for wrapping and fixing the rust? I was thinking of a gold and black chameleon(the color shift one idk what it's actually called) kind of wrap.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just make sure the body work is straight...any imperfections will show up in the wrap just as it would if painting

OP
OP
Lord_Brick

Lord_Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
Just make sure the body work is straight...any imperfections will show up in the wrap just as it would if painting
any way to fix imperfections if there are any?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rust, chips, dents, asphalt tar stuck on, etc. all need be treated differently. "Any way to fix imperfections" is waaaay too broad of a question.

Probly best left to the pros. I've seen people do it thinking that it would be an afternoon project......it looked terrible. The time to do a good job is measured in days.

OP
OP
Lord_Brick

Lord_Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
Rust, chips, dents, asphalt tar stuck on, etc. all need be treated differently. "Any way to fix imperfections" is waaaay too broad of a question.

Probly best left to the pros. I've seen people do it thinking that it would be an afternoon project......it looked terrible. The time to do a good job is measured in days.
Yeah, I was thinking I'd wait for summer and do it in a month. Do I need to put primer over spots of rust I fix or will vinyl seal it enough? Also, how do you remove stuck-on tar?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, I was thinking I'd wait for summer and do it in a month. Do I need to put primer over spots of rust I fix or will vinyl seal it enough? Also, how do you remove stuck-on tar?
Silicone will remove tar.