I replaced my '09 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racer2146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last Thursday I picked up my new ride, a 2013 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4. I traded in an '09 Silverado 1500 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.3. In the short time that I've had this truck I am continually impressed with it in every way. I look forward to utilizing the factory tow options that this truck is equipped with, such as the tow mirrors, trailer brake control, and the hemi power certainly won't hurt either. I don't have any mods planned for the truck as of now, just some small add-ons such as splash guards, spray in bedliner, vent visors etc. I owned an '03 Ram before the Silverado and I'm proud to own one again.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 43

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with that "No Mod" thing - You better never come back this site if you plan to stick to that. Run.... Run like hell!

But buy a BT Catch Can 1st!!

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I had before my 2012 ram where Chevys
Might go back in a few years but I am really happy with my 2013

OP
OP
R

racer2146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with that "No Mod" thing - You better never come back this site if you plan to stick to that. Run.... Run like hell!

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll change some stuff over time but I figure I'll drive it for at least a little while before doing anything too noticeable.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

+1

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll change some stuff over time but I figure I'll drive it for at least a little while before doing anything too noticeable.

The catch can is more preventative than a performance mod. It'll prevent a ton of oil from getting into your engine and gunking it up. I second getting it ASAP. You'll be happy you did once you see the amount it traps in such a short time.

OP
OP
R

racer2146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I plan to do a few things real soon like splash guards, vent visors, bed liner and catch can. Along the same lines as the catch can are there any other common items for reliability that I should be looking at? Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
R

racer2146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. So far I've found some decent deals and ordered Lund in channel vent visors, Ram splash guards for front and rear, Ram front rubber floor mats and a BT Catch Can as suggested by many on here. Still on the to do list includes tinting the front windows and getting a spray in bedliner.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to rf

I Got a Hemi!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi!
Welcome from a new member to another new member. FWIW, I bought a truck nearly identical three weeks ago no I too have really enjoyed it. Also, it looks like you already broke your vow not to mod...

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
welcome to ramforum! nice truck! is it 8 speed? what gears? LSD rear? (or SURE GRIP, for the old school muscle guys!!)

OP
OP
R

racer2146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a 6 speed with 3.55 gears, no LSD rear. It might not have all the fancy or cool options but it's mine haha. I love the sport package trucks but I don't drive this enough to justify it. Maybe next time...

When I said I wasn't planning any "mods" I meant that I had no plans for things like wheels, lift kits, etc. I was thinking of my changes more as add-ons rather than mods, but if they're mods then heck yes I'm modding this truck.