Ideas and Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminNgoin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v Cummins
Ive owned this 2006 Ram 3500 Cummins for 2 years now and Ive been aware of the issue since i bought the truck, but just lived with it until i decided its time to fix her up. She's got the electrical flu and has all sorts of issues due to it, Limp Modes around 2k rpm, No tach, speedo, oil press, or water temp gauges, no power to running lights on the trailer harness, no communication to the ecu with a scab tool (can only communicate with the other modules) and no lock chime,The dodge dealership said it was a Can B Bus failure and recommended TIPM replacement. I did a replacement and it only remedied the lock chime and the speedo (partially) The new tipm made the limp mode worse (lower rpm limp) Truck supposedly started having these issues when the dealer left the key on for a week and steam cleaned the engine while key was on. I bought it because it was the "right" price.

Truck is mostly factory. Aftermarket electrical components added were as follows, 2007 Edge 3 Stage Tuner, US Gear Exhaust brake (no longer present, button remains) and a cb radio/antenna (disconnected) and a possible dealership gps (havent looked around for it yet) Everything else is factory. Diagnostics already performed was a tipm replacement and "hard reset" of electrical system. New tipm limp moded earlier and didnt really fix much to be considered driveable. Tried with and without chip to no avail. Old tipm has gone through a hard reset as well (12 hour) with our without chip. Seems to only make a small difference in power. Most recently i was able to get the scan tool to pull DTC's from individual modules and got a U0020 (Can B Buss Off Performance) from the radio module, and two codes from TIPM, B162C (Low Left Beam Control Circuit High) and B210D (Battery Low Voltage). I think those were stored from a couple weeks back when ny headlight went out and the truck sat for 4 weeks and the batteries died. Now of course i could pull out the diagrams and start testing every sensor, pin, ground, and connector, and probably still will end up doing just that. But i was hoping that someone may have some insight here.

Last edited: