Ignition Switch Intermittent Sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My starter occasionally sticks in the start position when I release. I have to manually turn to run. Is there a recommended means to clean the switch? Or do I need to replace the switch?
2016 3.6L Ram 1500 Tradesman

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Are you somewhat efficient in heating & desoldering & then resoldering small circuit boards ?

different issue older style WIN module
Trucks name is Frostbite

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thank you. I'm going to try cleaning it first. this is an intermittent problem. when I get the "key in ignition" error, I can insert the key, rotate to run and off, and it clears. Similar with the issue around when I attempt to start - it sometimes sticks, then I rotate a few times. I'm going to try air first, then maybe electrical cleaner.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can bypass ignition below vid. I think yours was last year of TIPM, dunno. You can set up a bypass to cig lighter at least you will never be stranded. You can hide pushbutton, nobody goes to the trouble to look for a hidden switch to steal a truck.