Ignition Problems after rain 2019 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurrayHar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6 gas
Left the windows open like an idiot and it rained, and now the truck won't start (2019 Classic 3.6l w/80,000 miles). It;s been a few days of hoping that drying out will help. Here is the info I have so far:
-battery seems to be working fine, the usb ports still charge my phone, power locks still work, when you open the door the dash lights come on and shows KM reading. I tried boosting and disconnecting/reconnecting to be sure but nothing happened.
-headlights/power windows do not work
-nothing much happens when you turn the key from off to acc or run. The RPM needle moves the tiniest bit up and then back down, and I think I can hear a fan or something come on but that is it. The lights on the dash don't come on, there is no clicking or other sounds
-I checked the obvious fuses but they looked fine
-I took out the ignition and tried to clean it up best I could, jiggled the key in every direction but nothing changes. The key does feel a bit funny in the ignition even before I took it out so I suspect maybe that's the issue
-suspect the issue is something inside the cab and not under the hood, as that's where the water would have gotten in
-also I have standard key, no FOBS and I tried the spare but didn't work

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is it worth buying a new ignition switch to see if that does it before getting it towed? The part is like $300 CAN I think. I am nowhere near a dealership and pretty far from closest shop so would love to take care of this at home. Any and all info appreciated thanks!

HemiHP19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a similar issue with no power at all to door locks or ignition switch. Battery checks out at 12.8V, key fob okay, fuses okay. Towed to Gettel Ram in Punta Gorda and they have no clue either. Any experience in solving this ?

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you leave back window open? Pretty sure the RF hub is behind rear seat and if it gets wet, it's a problem.