Ignition switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the ignition switch used with remote start?
The reason I’m asking is because I’m having intermittent starting problems. Sometimes the truck will start normally when the key is turned to start and other times it clicks a few times before starting and other times I have to cycle off and on several times before it finally starts.
This is a 2007 with the 5.7.
I’m thinking I am having ignition switch problems but not sure.
I haven’t noticed what happens using remote start because I have only tried it a couple times and it started both times.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If it is clicking when turned to start sounds like a bad starter

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
To try and troubleshoot the problem, make every time you go to start the vehicle an opportunity to use your remote starter. Then get in the vehicle. Turn it off, put the key in and go to manually start it and see if it starts every time as well. If you never have a problem with remote start but the key start gives you some problems then it is most likely in your ignition switch.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To try and troubleshoot the problem, make every time you go to start the vehicle an opportunity to use your remote starter. Then get in the vehicle. Turn it off, put the key in and go to manually start it and see if it starts every time as well. If you never have a problem with remote start but the key start gives you some problems then it is most likely in your ignition switch.
I tried the remote start a few times this evening, the truck started but as soon as I put the key in the ignition switch it killed the truck.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the remote start a few times this evening, the truck started but as soon as I put the key in the ignition switch it killed the truck.
I realized this was happening because I had the door open.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963