Illicit no cut brackets ordered, any tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered em, vibration highway and over 60 finally got to me. Any tips on the install?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Message Gary's Hemi,he has a set of the "no cut" brackets on his truck. I know it was easier to drop the diff out from under the truck when I did the "cut" versions on my truck.I've never put the no cut versions on,but I've done a couple of the cut versions,but looking at the job,if I was installing a set,i'd pull the axles out,and the backing plates off the diff,as I think you could get at the places you need to drill,a little easier with them out of the way

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its not a fun install at all but well worth it in the end. The brackets go hand & hand w/ a lowering kit for these trucks. W/o them the rear is all kinds of jacked up. Lol

After installing 2 sets now I highly recommend a right angle drill. I just used a regular 18 volt Dewalt on mine & what a pain in the ass. I installed a set for a buddy a few weeks ago & he had a right angle drill. Man that was a night & day difference for install. Made the install MUCH easier. W/o it you will fight the drill/bits the whole way through the install, curse, have thoughts on throwing a molotov cocktail through the window & burning the truck to the ground. Lol

I would get 2 or 3 unibits/step bits to get to the desired size hole for the 5/8" hardware. Getting from a pilot bit to 1/2" is a cake walk, getting from 1/2" to 5/8" in hardened steel is a pain in the ass. I would also buy 2 sets of good bits(pilot bit to 1/2") & a can or 2 of some cutting oil for the bits. When it was said & done on both installs we had a $200 pile of burned up bits each time.

My kit came w/ instructions, my buddies didnt but I already knew how to do it. Hopefully yours comes w/ instructions. If not just message me your phone number & I will help you through it.

If you have access to a lift use it. Much better than rolling around on the ground. If you use a lift you will need 2 big stands, like transmission stands, to support the rearend.

So your in for a full days worth of all the emotions. You will be excited you got them, pissed the hell off from the install, even more pissed off enough to have bad thoughts on life, might sit down and cry like a baby for a few mins b/c your so pissed off & at this point are injured from hitting your head on the rotor every few mins or having the drill lock up & pin your hand & smash it. But then the sun will shine on you, the install will be done & you will realize that wow, the rear suspension was completely out of wack before w/ the lowering kit & no brackets & you have a whole new truck. Lol

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
^ I have nothing to add....

+ 10 on the unibits. They are a game changer when it comes to installing these brackets. :Big Laugh:

Driver Side.jpg

CoreAdjustablePanhard.jpg

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the help, especially the tip on the right angle drill. I dont have one, i can pick up a ryobi 18 volt, wilk that be strong enough, my brother also has a ****ton of dewalts, could a right angle adapter bit be used?
I dont have access to a lift, it'll be jack stands, unless i can find a shop to put them in reasonably

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Appreciate the help, especially the tip on the right angle drill. I dont have one, i can pick up a ryobi 18 volt, wilk that be strong enough, my brother also has a ****ton of dewalts, could a right angle adapter bit be used?
I dont have access to a lift, it'll be jack stands, unless i can find a shop to put them in reasonably

Have you got access to an air compressor,usually air powered right angle drills are smaller in size then electric powered drills.Might make your life a little easier if you track down an air powered drill.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, my brother's got a small air compressor, 1/4 in line, would that be strong enough?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah, my brother's got a small air compressor, 1/4 in line, would that be strong enough?

It might be,hard to tell with-out knowing what it puts out for CFM at 90 psi,lol. Most air drills do require a decent CFM output from your air compressor though.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^ I have nothing to add....

+ 10 on the unibits. They are a game changer when it comes to installing these brackets. :Big Laugh:

View attachment 141790

View attachment 141791

Could you please post the brands and part numbers for all the suspension parts you installed in the rear of your truck. I need to do the same to mine soon. Thanks in advance...

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Its not a fun install at all but well worth it in the end. The brackets go hand & hand w/ a lowering kit for these trucks. W/o them the rear is all kinds of jacked up. Lol

After installing 2 sets now I highly recommend a right angle drill. I just used a regular 18 volt Dewalt on mine & what a pain in the ass. I installed a set for a buddy a few weeks ago & he had a right angle drill. Man that was a night & day difference for install. Made the install MUCH easier. W/o it you will fight the drill/bits the whole way through the install, curse, have thoughts on throwing a molotov cocktail through the window & burning the truck to the ground. Lol

I would get 2 or 3 unibits/step bits to get to the desired size hole for the 5/8" hardware. Getting from a pilot bit to 1/2" is a cake walk, getting from 1/2" to 5/8" in hardened steel is a pain in the ass. I would also buy 2 sets of good bits(pilot bit to 1/2") & a can or 2 of some cutting oil for the bits. When it was said & done on both installs we had a $200 pile of burned up bits each time.

My kit came w/ instructions, my buddies didnt but I already knew how to do it. Hopefully yours comes w/ instructions. If not just message me your phone number & I will help you through it.

If you have access to a lift use it. Much better than rolling around on the ground. If you use a lift you will need 2 big stands, like transmission stands, to support the rearend.

So your in for a full days worth of all the emotions. You will be excited you got them, pissed the hell off from the install, even more pissed off enough to have bad thoughts on life, might sit down and cry like a baby for a few mins b/c your so pissed off & at this point are injured from hitting your head on the rotor every few mins or having the drill lock up & pin your hand & smash it. But then the sun will shine on you, the install will be done & you will realize that wow, the rear suspension was completely out of wack before w/ the lowering kit & no brackets & you have a whole new truck. Lol

I know you said a days worth of work. I have access to a full shop with a lift, air and any other tool needed. How many actual hours to you think it would take me to do?

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Circuitguy im jealous, ill be trying to do mine this weekend, in my brother's garage, on jackstands, with his dewalts. did pick up a 90 degree corded drill from harbor freight and 4 unibits. Tested drilling with it on some old 409 exhaust and it did fine, unibits seemed easier to use with a small pilot hole.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know you said a days worth of work. I have access to a full shop with a lift, air and any other tool needed. How many actual hours to you think it would take me to do?

The set we did with a lift w/ a right angle drill took us about 4 hrs. The set I did on the ground w/ a regular cordless took me about 7 hrs

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Circuitguy im jealous, ill be trying to do mine this weekend, in my brother's garage, on jackstands, with his dewalts. did pick up a 90 degree corded drill from harbor freight and 4 unibits. Tested drilling with it on some old 409 exhaust and it did fine, unibits seemed easier to use with a small pilot hole.

Let us know how it comes out and don't forget to post some good pics.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Now you all got me thinking if I want the "cut" or "no cut" brackets. Whats the big gain with ether one? I am currently 5" lowered in the rear with springs only, would like to go 5 1/2" to 6" to level it out.

RAM3.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Now you all got me thinking if I want the "cut" or "no cut" brackets. Whats the big gain with ether one? I am currently 5" lowered in the rear with springs only, would like to go 5 1/2" to 6" to level it out.

View attachment 144137

You'll want the "cut" versions if you're that low.The "no cut" versions are only good to about a 4" drop

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know how it comes out and don't forget to post some good pics.
Not good, got the rear tore down to the point of the control arm bolts, cannot get them broke loose for anything. Impact won't do em and i cant get enough leverage or ass behind them. Any ideas, may end up having to put it back together an let a shop do it.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not good, got the rear tore down to the point of the control arm bolts, cannot get them broke loose for anything. Impact won't do em and i cant get enough leverage or ass behind them. Any ideas, may end up having to put it back together an let a shop do it.

I used like a 3 ft breaker bar on both the trucks I did. Wasnt bad on the lift but on the ground had to put every bit of my scrawny 160 lb ass in it. Lol

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried the breaker bar, couldn't get leverage used all the pull my 225 lb ass has. Ending up putting it back together, going to see if a local off road shop can get em in for me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Get a bigger impact gun,lol. My 1/2" impact is rated for about 350 lbs and it had no problem busting anything loose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990