I'm terrible at making big decisions like, help me with some input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
So there is a hotshot company running 12 gas powered trucks long haul?

Yes. There is. All of his trucks are 19's and 20's gassers. He does vehicle and light equipment transport. Not hauling much over 11,000 lbs. Moves a lot of high end cars, boats and custom coach vehicles around the country.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Going to be a lot of answers on this. I really like the diesel it does have some things that are wild like 12 qts of oil per change and fuel filters that are $100 or more for Mopar or Fleetguard which the OEM is anyway. Something about a diesel that I just like and always wanted. When I bought my camper I knew I would get a diesel. Resale is insane on a diesel so you will pay more but it will sell for more. Mileage is a lot better. I get 22 on the evic in my 2014 so hand calculated is probably a little less but I know in 250 mile trip it was like 21.8 so that is amazing to me. Smiles per gallon are up there as well. Frankly with all of Ram's problems with gas engines and lifters I don't think I would want to go that route without a plan to solely run Redline oil. I don't care personally if the Cummins is more upfront because as I said it will sell back out for more too so kind of a wash.