Immediate air suspension service required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2015 Laramie.

It first came on when I had the battery problem.

When the tow truck driver jump started, the air suspension didn't go up and the truck bounced so bad while I was driving to the repair shop.

After the battery was replaced, it was fine for 10 days.

The lamp came on while I was driving, and the truck bounced again which was last night.

When I started the truck in this morning, the message was just stored but not popped again.

The truck bounced about 5 minutes, and then, it came back to normal.

I don't see any leaked fluid or someting under the truck.

Maybe it's some kind of like electrical problem, like wiring or relay?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
more than likely the air suspension system has leak(s) and has depleted it's nitrogen charge. The system in an attempt to compensate is able to draw in air but that causes moisture problems in the valves that control the air springs.

Now the question comes down to do you want to possibly chase problems with the system or just eliminate the air suspension and go with a conventional coil overs. There are multiple companies that offer kits to do so or you can "build your own".

OP
OP
S

SunLee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea. Actually, I don't think I would keep this truck that longer. I possibly will sell this one in a couple of years. But, it is true that I have to choose out of the two options that you said. Which one does cost less?