In honor of Veteran's Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't see this anywhere else, so thought I'd post in here. A big salute to all my fellow brothers and sisters who served in uniform - well done and huzzah! Roll call sound off, ET3 Martin First Gulf War USN USS Bowen FF-1079 1989-1993.

Wherever you are and whatever you did, thanks for your service.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Today i went to my VFW Post, only the woman bartender said Happy Veterans Day.
Three customers were familiar & asked how i had been, i don't go in there very often, i no longer drink alcohol & drive.
I drank a Pepsi & left.
That post used to do it up on Veterans Day,
military Band, Helicopters on the lawn, etc.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Wife went to the ceremonies at the National Cemetery. I stayed home and worked on the truck all day = Zen. No assholes shooting at me and no crowds. I did not go down range today. Tight!

Happy Veterans Day Brothers and Sisters. Semper Fidelis.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I live just a bit over 20 miles from downtown San Diego,
another 10 miles further away & i would be in the boondocks.
My VFW Post is even further away.

I don't like crowds either

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I live just a bit over 20 miles from downtown San Diego,
another 10 miles further away & i would be in the boondocks.
My VFW Post is even further away.

I don't like crowds either
My VFW is Joshua Tree = about 300 miles away. It's a very patriotic group. Right outside 29 Palms Marines Base. I quit drinking and live openly with my demons, but the VFW is solid. Its small. No crowds.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know approximately where it is, i lived in Indio, Coachella & Niland & i have had extended jobs in Blythe & Desert Center,
I worked for Caltrans Highway Dept. for 33 years

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hope everyone did exactly what they wanted to on Veterans Day. It's a day I look to, to remember old friends, and family members that served, and moved on. Sometimes it's hard, but the Mrs. helps me keep my head screwed on right. Thanks to all my Brothers and Sisters for your Service to Us All. And Thanks to all those that served before us for giving us a choice.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Before I could reach the age of 18 and even graduate high school I had done so much physical and permanent damage to myself that none of the services would have me. I know, I tried.
My father and my wife's father served, Army/Navy respectively, my brother did his 4, USMC 77-81, and our son just retired this past May after 21 years, USMC, Master Sergeant.

Although I never served I did get to see both the honor and the sacrifice in people closest to me.

So, with all the dignity, pride, honor, and respect I can muster I sincerely say Happy Veterans Day.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
AE1(AW) here. I was enlisted and deployed a few times during the first gulf war period. I didn't go out yesterday except to go out to dinner with my two kids to grab some pizza. Mostly just chilled out at home with the wife and kids, and chatted a bit with a few of my CVMA brothers and sisters. Happy Veterans Day to y'all that wore the uniform!

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
US Navy - started as a Mineman in 1980, cross-rated to Master-At-Arms in 1995 because I was the only Reserve Mineman within 500 miles of where I lived and there was zero training available. Retired as an MAC in Dec 2005. Did an initial 3 years Active Duty, then transitioned to the Reserves in 1983. Recalled to Active Duty for Desert Storm and 9-1-1. Voluntarily mobilized again in 2003 and went back to the sandbox. All in all, a pretty interesting career.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A big thank you to all my fellow service members. Happy Veterans Day.

USAF, ATC
82-86
The UP of Michigan
The former West Germany