In track window visor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitch miller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2016 Ram 2500. When I install in track window visor the window goes up and right back down. What Do I do to turn off this safety feature?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram 2500. When I install in track window visor the window goes up and right back down. What Do I do to turn off this safety feature?
When installing it new you have to run widow up to it and then just tap switch to get it past the visor. When installing the visors new you should leave you're windows completely closed at least over night and as much as possible for a day or 2 to get them seated in the track. After a day or 2 they should work just fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had in track visors and had the same issue.

But I did what ramnewbie said and tapped the button to override the auto-down safety feature and then I left them up for about 2 days to get them seated.

Few weeks later two of them started rattling. They never fell out but they were always loose in the channel and rattled so I ripped them out and in the garbage they went.

They probably work for some people but mine didn’t and I’m turned off by the idea of in channel visors now. And I also don’t like the idea of the ones that stick onto the paint outside the channel. So I just do without them after a bad experience with the in channels.

armallard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had in track visors and had the same issue.

But I did what ramnewbie said and tapped the button to override the auto-down safety feature and then I left them up for about 2 days to get them seated.

Few weeks later two of them started rattling. They never fell out but they were always loose in the channel and rattled so I ripped them out and in the garbage they went.

They probably work for some people but mine didn’t and I’m turned off by the idea of in channel visors now. And I also don’t like the idea of the ones that stick onto the paint outside the channel. So I just do without them after a bad experience with the in channels.

I had back luck with them had no road noise until they got installed I removed them and the cab got quiet again I just run without them.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I shaved some of the visor down so the window wouldn’t snag on it. Been two years and working great

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Weather Tech In Channel vent visors, NEVER any problem with mine, going on 4 years now

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also canned my wonderful weather tech . It was quiet before the install , after ambient sound was increased. I lived with it for a week . like most any cheap stick ons its not for me although it really was not cheap price wise for what ya get in a two door

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putco in-channel for me... work great, zero issues, and have a unique look compared to all the others! Also, very inexpensive as well!!

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t use auto up at first. I installed my AVS in channels at night and let it sit all night with the windows up and the next day didn’t have issues. Still don’t with auto up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I had Putco's in my last 1500 RAM.

No problems after agrivating install.
Slight modification with a Stanley E-99 razor knife needed.
No increase in noise after install.
Big decrease in water falling on switches when opening windows in the morning dew. :)

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had in channels on my 2015, drivers side broke after a year and rattled like crazy. I traded that truck with them still installed, dealer didn't notice when they test drove the vehicle.